Saturday, August 19, 2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers come to mind...
when I think about the last few days I've had. Do they have a song called "Roller Coaster" or something, b/c that's how I feel my last few days have been?

Yesterday went much better than my birthday did. I actually made an effort to wake up when the kids did (instead of grouching around for a couple of hours first!), and when Taryn took her nap TJ and I worked on "schooly stuff". I am so proud of my baby boy! He learned to write the numbers 1 and 4 (2 and 3 were too hard, he said), and got two stickers for doing so well. Plus, his circles were fabulous! He only really worked for about ten to fifteen minutes before he lost interest, but still, it was a start, and he did good while he was still with me. I learned, too. I learned that if you want him to pay attention to you, don't let him have the whole box of Crayola markers, b/c he will choose instead to make a baton with them! After that, we read books. I read some to him, and he read The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Old MacDonald to me. Then we played Clifford together on his computer, which focuses on learning letters and making simple words. Of course, as usual, he did a fantastic job!

So, yesterday was pretty cool. We actually did other stuff, but that was the highlight for me. Oh, but I took them out to eat, too, and got lots of compliments not only on how cute they were, but how very well behaved they were.

Today started off great, too. We went with Julia and kids to the Children's Museum, and it rocked. Taryn was so fascinated by the whole place, and, as Julia put it, probably had a sensory overload with all that was going on. She loved it, though. TJ was off with Alison the whole time, and he had a blast. Of course, the idiot I am, forgot to take the camera again, so I'll have to keep all the special memories in my brain. Wish me luck!

My day ended on a sucky note, though. I worked tonight closing again. I actually made almost $80, but with the volume of deliveries I did, it should have been TONS more. People weren't tipping, and as the night wore on, they all had a complaint. I had to call the restaurant about three times from people's houses asking what I was supposed to do about orders that we mysteriously "messed up". Can you say "jerk looking for a freebie"? That on top of the fact that I had nasty, nasty heartburn the whole night just put me in a crappy mood. Then I called to check on the kids, and my mom told me that TJ had colored on Bo-Bo's nice shirt. That is not like him at all. He knows better, and that just pissed me off, too. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Oh, but let's not end this on a bad note. Check it out. Our PH got 10 100's in a row on whatever check they do, and since we did, they gave the restaurant $500. So on Monday I get to go out to eat at La Carreta's w/my work buddies to celebrate. Cool, huh? I'm gonna be REALLY hungry that night! I'll play off the pregnancy thing to the hilt!

Alright, I'm pooped, and I need to go to bed for real. I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 1:30 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    what a great day! TJ can write some numbers? cool!

    so, are you going to homeschool him?

    it amazes that there are such jerks out there... and in customer service work you see all of them!

    $80??? that sounds good!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger k8

    its gonna take 4ever to catch up on all these i missed.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Rollercoaster, of love
    (Say what)
    Rollercoaster, (ha, ha)
    Whooo, Whooo, Whooo
    Rollercoaster (ride), of love
    Rollercoaster (ha, ha, ha)
    Whooo, Whooo, Whooo
    Rollercoaster (love rollercoaster)
    Rollercoaster (wow, wow, wow)
    Whooo, whooo, Whooo
    Rollercoaster (love rollercoaster child)
    Rollercoaster (loving you is really wild)
    Whooo, Whooo, Whooo

    Your love is like a rollercoaster baby, baby
    I wanna ride (a crazy ride, girl)
    Your love is like a rollercoaster baby, baby

    -The Ohio Players

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I didn't know that song was a cover.

    $80 ain't bad! My all time record is $78 in a night! Granted, I've never worked 5 til close, but still it's over $10 per hour in tips alone, which is my personal threshold for a good vs. bad night. At the end of the night when it came back to give back your bank did they owe you money? I've always wanted that to happen.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger gina

    1, 2, 1, 2, 3, i gotta ticket so ride with me....