Thursday, August 17, 2006
Not what I was hoping for...
Well, yesterday was my big 28th. I'm not sure what I was expecting, knowing full well I was doing nothing to celebrate, yet I was very disappointed at the end of the day with how it turned out. I'm pretty sure in my mind I just imagined everything going my way b/c it was my birthday. You know, getting to take a nap, the kids wanting to be nice and do things for me, that kinda stuff...Oh well...maybe one day...

I will say that yesterday started out well. Julia and Melissa (her sis-in-law) and kids came over and brought cupcakes. We all blew out candles on our cupcakes as they sang Happy Birthday. It was fun! I was sad when they had to go. I enjoyed getting to know Melissa just a little better. She's only 18, but I'd much rather hang out with her than most of the 18 year olds I know.

After that, I fed the cheerin' and tried to take a nap while Taryn took hers. A futile attempt, considering I have one that refuses to take a nap (although he really needed it, and my mom said he fell asleep at the restaurant last night!). When Taryn woke up, I thought we'd have a little fun before I went to work and I'd take the kids to the playground. I guess it was too hot, b/c Taryn cried the whole time b/c she wanted to play in the water fountain, and TJ fussed the whole time b/c I wouldn't be at his beck and call. He fussed all the way home, and when we got there...but thankfully I was able to head for the hills and leave my mom to deal with it. I sure do love my Mommy!

To top off the day, I had to close for the first time last night. I didn't mind, really. However, it SUCKED. Tips were AWFUL. At night, only ghetto thugs and rednecks ordered pizza, and they didn't see the point in tipping me. I mean, so what that they didn't bother to leave their porch lights on, and I couldn't find their stinkin' houses to begin with! Ohhhh, I was just in a crummy mood!

Anyway, thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. It really made my day. Highlights: Julia and family coming over, Ashley and Leah calling me and singing Happy Birthday, Richard calling and saying Happy Birthday, after I realized he wasn't Trey, Mommy and Bo watching the kids for me and Mommy washing my dishes! I'm sure there were more, but that's all I can think of right now.

I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:33 AM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Unknown

    happy belated birthday

    I've worked in many a restaurant- I hate that late-late night crowd when I'm not working in the bar area. ugh

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm sorry it was a bad day, but I'm glad I was part of the highlights. Did you have to mop?((Christi))

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Happy Birthday! I am sorry it did not turn out the way you hoped!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    Happy Birthday!

    natalie

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger gina

    birthdays are so built up in our minds, that we get disappointe :( i am sorry. wish i could have been there to bring you a(nother) margarita bucket. we could have drowned your sorrows together. (((hugs))) love ya

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Happy bday.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Happy belated. Keep your chin up.

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    i can sympathize. closing in a restaurant really sucks!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger LK

    Happy Birthday, you're still in your 20's. That's something to celebrate.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger karla

    Happy B-lated Christi!

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
    » » »