Sunday, August 20, 2006
Growing pains...
So TJ has taken to making threats now when he doesn't get what he wants. Here's how it usually goes down:

"Mommy, I ate all my supper. Can I have some candy?"
"No, you don't need any candy now."
"I'm not gonna eat anymore candy ever again because you said I can't have any candy because I ate all my supper!"
"Ummm, okay then..."

Or:

"Mommy, can we go to the water park today?"
"We might later. Right now it's raining, and the water park is closed."
"Well, I'm not gonna ever go to the water park again b/c you won't let me go!!!"
"Ummm, okay then..."

Now, you all might find this amusing. I can't deny that I do get a little chuckle when I hear that he's yet again taken some pleasure away from himself b/c he's mad. However, it's actually pretty scary if you think about it. Sure, he doesn't get it now, but he's only three. Give the boy time. It won't take long for him to figure out how to really make a threat when he doesn't get his way. I mean, that doesn't mean that I'll bow to him, but I'm Sooooo not looking forward to the day I have to pack his clothes b/c he threatened to run away b/c I wouldn't give him some candy!

Oh, and one last note...Trey will be home in about five minutes. He will officially be coming home to live! HOORAY! Now maybe I'll even get to sleep in a day or two a week! I'm so excited...I mean, b/c I love and miss him, not for the sleep (wink, wink).

Have a great day! Talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 10:46 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger gina

    glad trey will be home. as IF he is gonna let you sleep- silly girl!! LOL he has been gone tooo long.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Welcome home, Trey! I guess...now I have to share her. :(

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    yeah! christi! i am glad you have your family together!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Kurt

    TJ cracks me up.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Margo

    That's so funny, Christi! Kids are a riot!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger k8

    dont go celebratin' the homecoming so crazily that u get knocked up.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    That is really funny! I am so glad he is taken away the things he really wants.

    Yea for sleep, oh and of course for Trey coming home!