Friday, July 08, 2005
My big ol' girl!
Taryn had her two week checkup today. Of course, she's over three weeks old, now, but hey, so we're a little behind! Anyway, she is now 10 lbs. 7 oz. (70%), 22 3/4 in. long (88-90%), and has a 38 cm head (60%). She's already almost as long (23 3/4 in.) as TJ was at 2 1/2 months! Can you believe it? My little girl has already grown almost 2 in. and over two pounds! Geesh! Again, the doctor said PERFECT, and that whatever we're doing to keep it up! She had to get her Hepatitis B shot today, too. That wasn't so fun, but really, she didn't do too badly. She screamed, but only for a few seconds. Thank goodness, b/c I was not ready to deal with that little painful cry...just makes me want to cry! Undoubtedly, though, she knew something was up, b/c she woke up promptly at 6 am this morning, and would not go back to sleep for anything. I think she was excited to find out how big she is! Oh, and it appears that she has prematurely hit puberty. Not only has she gotten tons of acne on her face all of a sudden, but there are other signs, too. Last night she asked if she can start dating, and she wanted to go to the mall to check out guys with her friends. She cries and has temper-tantrums about the silliest stuff, and tells me I'm ruining her life when I tell her no. Oh, and the clothes! She's been wanting to wear short little dresses lately, with NO BLOOMERS!!! Don't even get me started on the make-up! Well, at least if she goes through it now, I don't have to worry so much. Right now she can't talk, walk, or dress herself, so this is an ideal time for puberty. Maybe that means that by the time she's puberty age, she'll be much too mature to mess with those nasty boys and have an attitude...right?

You can't see it very well, but her face is totally broken out with little teeny-tiny zits everywhere! It reminds me of pregnancy!






So I was reading Anvilcloud's post on the Fourth of July about America. It was nice, and I liked it. It made me proud to be American. Then I read the comments. Then I read some stuff on Mr. Haney's post about the bombing in London. Then I read the comments. You know, people really don't like America...even a lot of Americans. Like, most of the world seems to think that everything bad in the world is our fault. Nevermind giving us any credit for the good stuff that we are involved in. I'll admit, I don't like the war, I hate the thought of war, period. I really don't feel like we should have gotten involved in all that stuff. However, we're in it now, and so far good has come from it. Our country gives so much to the rest of the world, too. Yeah, I think the rich are stingy, and their piddly little hundreds of thousands here and there mean nothing to them, except something to say they've done good. But you know, I can't say I ever hear about the rich of other countries being given a hard time to donate to every cause. In other countries does the entire population get asked to help out elsewhere when something bad in the world happens? One guy wrote about how our country was founded on destroying indians and the like. Well, that's true, and our country definitely has its share of problems to be embarrassed about. However, I would like to point out that our country was founded by people from OTHER COUNTRIES. Most of the people that did a lot of the stuff in history were going on the way they were raised in their home countries. Those same countries that now criticize us for everything. Hey, I think a lot of the stuff that went on and goes on is wrong, but you know, sometimes some bad has to happen to get to the good. Again, I'm not for the war at all, and I think Bush is just a complete idiot. Our country has made mistakes, plenty of them, but who can honestly sit here and tell me that every other country in the world has never made a mistake? I'm not super patriotic, but hey, I am pretty happy to live in this country. I think we've got it pretty damn good here.

Oh, and I didn't write this so that strange people from out of nowhere would come and write long dissertations about why my opinion is wrong. I just felt like saying it. I'm quite sure that my opinion is based on very little fact, as I really don't keep up with world politics and news (it's too depressing, and I have enough to worry about w/o it). Anyway, this is just how I feel, and no matter what you say, it won't change. So don't waste your time. I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see you soon!


Sometimes you just feel like you need a little mental readjustment!
 
posted by Christi at 11:44 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger k8

    hammer time? ha!

    well, here's another thing we have in common. i forgot the girls' 2 year checkup; they got it at 2yrs 1 months. (gasp in horror) i'm glad she's doing well and growing like a little porker.

    have your people call my people, por favor.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger k8

    re: i need a margarita

    i need one more than you.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger mrhaney

    well christi i just read your post about america and how you feel and you just went from my favorite blog list to my xtra favorite blog list. i have to change my template first but you will see it soon on my sidebar at ramblin on. i, like you, do not like every thing we do here in the u.s and i would like to change some things but you could give me a free ticket to any where in the world and go so far as buy me a house and i would not go. i have been overseas when i was in the navy and i will stay right here in america.
    these people that hate america but choose to live here all i can say is you can leave any time. no one is holding you back. if you do not like some things then go ahead and try to change them but if you hate america and live here then i for one can live with out you. thanks for that great post.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger karla

    *GASP* *SHOCK* NO BLOOMERS? She's far too young to be dressing like that!!!

    Tough Love Christi. That's the only advice I have for you. She may kick and scream and think your ruining her life but she is just wayyyy to young to ditch the bloomers and wear makeup.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    At the time, I didn't realize how saying nice things about you guys would cause such a kerfuffle. I understand what they were saying, but I don't rescind my postive comments. Damn it, I like Americans.

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Thanks for the chuckle!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger chorkwan.

    i am seriously in love with your two kids. TJ just rawks and Taryn is like so cute.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I NEED MY DAD IF HE ISNT HOME SOON IM GOING TO KNOCK HER OUT. PLEASE GIVE ME STRENGTH

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous