Sunday, July 03, 2005
Independence Day!
Ahh, the day we celebrate our independence. Independence from oppressors...mainly mom, as we chug yet another beer that we know she wouldn't approve of. Independence from those who would love to see us crushed...by having parties and cookouts and saying, "Ha ha! I have friends and beer, and you can't stop me!" Oh, and independence from Britain...by speaking with a southern drawl that would never pass in England, and chugging nasty ol' American beer. Good times. Or, it could be one of those days where we are supposed to look upon all of the freedom we have, and be thankful for those who have given their lives, and remember that we are fortunate to have earned our independence from Britain...but we'll worry about that after we have a few more beers!

(don't ask me where this train of thought is coming from, b/c I am not even a beer drinker, unless you count Guinness, and that's far from nasty ol' American beer! It's probably only funny to me, too...Oh well, your loss!)

Anyway, I would like to put this, and then all you Canadians with your maple leaf flags can't say I didn't:




So anyway, I think we are bad parents. I know I told the world that I was having a little baby named Taryn. Then she came, and we decided to call her Reese. Well, it seems that the name Taryn has kinda stuck with us, and really we call her that more than we call her Reese. I mean, I guess they're both her names, and she could go by either, but I would like for her to just go by one name. I think both would be fitting. I mainly opted for Reese, b/c Trey always said he didn't really like Taryn. Now he calls her Taryn more than I do! The poor child will be so confused at such an early age! Perhaps I should take a poll. Do you think we should call her Taryn or Reese? Okay, let me know...

Alrighty then. I hope you all have a wonderful and exciting Fourth of July. Unless, of course, you are not celebrating it. In that case, have a great Monday! Talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 11:24 PM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I know what you mean.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You wrote more after I commented!

    My preference is for Taryn. I like Reese too though.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Christi

    Man, you are fast!

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Frances

    Independence Day? Well, have a good one, whatever it means to you! Of course here in New Zealand it's just a normal everyday kind of day.

    Reese or Taryn....? Neither of them are particularly my cup of tea as they're a bit androgynous (I like more "girly" names for girls) but I think I like Reese better. Although it's a boy's name where I come from! ;-)

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Well Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY to you. Hope you are having a good one.
    Me, I will be just trying to get some much needed sleep.

    As for Taryn or Reese....I say call her Taryn cause that is her first name.

    My brother-in-law's name is ED NELSON and everyone in his family called him NELSON....That's had I know him and when he is at work...people call him ED, because that's what's on his papers as his first name.
    SO whenever we talked about NELSON, no one knows who we are talking about because they know him as ED.
    IT DROVE ME NUTS WHEN I WORKED WITH HIM.
    I say you named her first name TARYN, go with that. In the long run it will be better for her.

    BUT SHE IS YOUR CHILD AND YOU CALL HER WHAT YOU LIKE.
    I love both names.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Christi

    Hey, everybody, go here:
    http://anvilcloud.blogspot.com//

    It's Anvilcloud's page. What he has on there today is pretty awesome. Makes me feel pretty good to be American!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kim

    Happy Independence Day!
    I love both names - Taryn & Reese.
    Hard choice...you could always call her Taryn Reese as one name? My poll vote will be: Taryn
    I'm sure you'll figure it out. Both names are beautiful : )

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Carrie

    what ever you call her, it will be fine. I have a feeling that as her personality continues to develop, her 'right name' will emerge.


    my daughter Rhena is just about 10 months old, and I call her everything under the sun; from booger to pooper to even the occasional Rhena!!! :)

    happy 4th of july!!!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger karla

    BEER! See! We Canadians and Americans are so much alike. Any excuse to drink beer and we're there...including Canada Day and Independence Day.

    I totally vote for Taryn. Love Love Love that name. Reese is adorable too, but Taryn gets my vote.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger suze

    I've found that this July 4th, I've been feeling pretty thankful to have been born in this country. With all its faults, it's a great country and we are very fortunate to live such cush lives compared to the rest of the world. I lift my margarita to you, America!

    I kinda like Taryn better. Another thought, FWIW: Andrew is actually his middle name. And already people refer to him as James (his first) name. People keep telling me that that will keep happening all the way through school, etc. So, if you go with Reese, she might be explaining that no, she doesn't go by Taryn, but by Reese which is her middle name.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger gina

    reese for me.it is girly-er . can i call her reese forever?? lol

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger k8

    what about raryn??

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Reese. I love it but I am late on the vote just getting back from vacation.

    Call her whatever you want you are the parents.