Sunday, July 03, 2005
While I'm at it...
Okay, first, can everyone freakin' come back from your fun and exciting vacations already!? I don't get to go on one, and I'm jealous. Oh, and I miss you or something like that....yeah, that's it....miss you...

So anyway, we went to see the fireworks at Finlay Park today. Yeah, that was fun...We went around 8 or so, b/c I figured they would do it when it got dark, and I wanted to be there in time. So we went to the playground, and there were about ten trazillion (that's my new word for a LOT!) kids there. Oh, did I mention that they have free concerts there during the summer on Saturdays? It's actually quite cool, but EVERYBODY is there! TJ didn't really get into playing on the playground with that many kids, and that was fine with me. I don't enjoy trying to keep an eye on him when I can blink and lose him amongst a trazillion ;) other kids. So we went walking around the park for a while, b/c TJ loves to ride in his new stroller. It got dark, and I found out they would shoot them around 10, once the band was done. Fair enough. So I got TJ one of those light up necklace things, and paid WAAYYYYY too much for it. However, I got more than my $3 worth out of it, b/c he LOVED it. It occupied him for almost an hour while we waited in the dark for the fireworks to start. Finally, the guy said the fireworks would start in twenty minutes. Cool, I thought. Then, not ten minutes later, w/o any warning whatsoever, and in the middle of a song, the fireworks started. It probably wouldn't have been so bad, but TJ was about ten feet from me playing, with his back turned, and all he heard was a giant BOOM from out of nowhere. It scared the living crap out of him (he had a lot of live crap in him, I'm sure!)! He ran to me with the most alarmed look on his face. I tried to tell him it was cool, and act excited, but it was too late. He freaked out, and insisted we leave immediately. He covered his ears, and refused to uncover them until we reached the car. Here I am, the only mom running as fast as she can to get away from the fireworks! What really sucked, though, is that we just happened to be parked in the parking lot on the other side of the building where they were shooting the fireworks from. So, we had to walk toward them, and thus they got louder, to get to the car to leave. We finally got to the car, and right as I got TJ in, they had the grand finale. It was SO LOUD! I'm quite sure that the baby is now deaf, b/c I didn't manage to get her in the car in time. Needless to say, that sucked. I pretty much wasted the night for nothing, and it ruined it for me, too. Of course, TJ had a blast playing with his necklace, so not all was lost....

Well, that story was longer than I thought, and probably not nearly as exciting as I imagined it to be. I guess I'll pass on the other stuff I was gonna write...maybe tomorrow. I hope you all have, had, or whatever, a great Fourth of July weekend. I'm going to a cookout on Monday! How exciting! It's so rare that I get to do something that resembles what people with lives do!

Let me send you out with a photo montage, or whatever it's called...Have a great day! See you soon!

Sometimes she cries...Sometimes she cries....
Sometimes she sleeps....
Sometimes she sleeps...
It looks like a laugh, doesn't it!Sometimes she smiles....
Sometimes she dances....
She even dances!
Kung Foo Baby!And she even does Kung Foo!

Don't take my picture, Mommy!
Even TJ gets some exercise with a leisurely run through the house!
 
posted by Christi at 12:43 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I love the pictures! Your whole story is like reading about my life. The same thing happened to me. Yesterday I told you it was Alison, but I think it was Andrew, and I can't remember how old he was. The details are almost exactly the same too. We had to get closer to the fireworks, and by the time we got to the car the grand finale scared him even more. I wonder how many parents have this same story?

    Alright, I mowed the front yard. I need to quit this break before I get too comfortable and mow the backyard. Have a great day!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Tammy

    THat sounds alot like what happened with me when Mackenzie was young. SHe hated the fireworks but now she loves them.

    Love the pictures. She is so cute.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Kurt

    At least you didn't do what I saw one dad do last fourth of july. He grabbed his son by the shoulders and said You need to not be afraid of the fireworks!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger k8

    she rocks at karate!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger karla

    Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting!!!!
    What a cutie.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger gina

    i will come home this weekend to entertain you. lol.