Friday, July 01, 2005
Good times...
I love Trey, I love Trey, I love Trey, Trey, Trey!...(sung to the tune of Jingle Bells, or the Elmo song, whichever is more pertinent to you!) Today I got to sleep in for TWO HOURS! It was awesome! I woke up all refreshed and rested. It was quite nice. I'm still wondering how he managed to get TJ to not know I was in the bedroom, where he certainly would have come to wake me up. When I got up, TJ said, "Go back to bed, Mommy. Don't wake up! I'm drawing with Daddy!" I have to say, it certainly was tempting.

One more question on the whole behavior thing. Did anyone else out there notice their kid's behavior being worse with you (if you're the mom, of course) as opposed to with Daddy? TJ is rotten with Trey, too, but it seems worse with me. I'm following through more on discipline than Trey is, I think, and it seems to be making him act up even more. Just wondering...

Anyway, I saw this on B$'s blog last night, and I am stealing it from her. She stole it from someone else, so...

10 Years Ago: I was 16, almost 17. I was just finishing up my two weeks of summer school to graduate a year early, and was thinking about getting a job. I didn't have a boyfriend right then, which was strange, b/c I almost never had a moment w/o a b/f during my high school age years. Of course, I was hanging out with my friends from Hanahan, one of which was my ex, Keith, and still messing around with him (although he claimed to have broken up with his g/f...not so). My style was very similar to B$'s, which I would classify as grunge. I wore torn, ratty jeans, military issue boots, tye-died shirts with long john shirts under them, and plaid shirts over these concoctions of clothing. I made sure that although they were clean, they were NEVER folded or clean-looking! My favorite outfit of the summer was a Grateful Dead (I hated Grateful Dead, though!) t-shirt, complete with holes from the previous owner, khaki DuckHead shorts, and my combat boots. My favorite thing to do was dance on the coffee table in Keith's living room, while listening to Snoop Dogg, in said outfit. I wasn't a rap listener, though. I preferred NIN, Marilyn Manson, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Violent Femmes, and stuff like that. My favorite thing to do was to camp out at the pits, trip on Robitussin and Acid, and run the streets until all hours of the night and sleep all day. Good memories made...just memories...

5 Years Ago: I was just about to turn 22 in August. I had been with Trey almost a year, and we were living together in James Island in a crappy townhouse with psycho neighbors. I worked with him in the kitchen at California Dreaming, and I was taking a break before going back to College of Charleston after graduating in May from Trident Tech with my degree in Criminal Justice. We had just gotten, or were about to get, a black lab/pit bull mix and name him Buddy. He was the best dog, and the only one I ever liked, really (aside from Bear, but he was Julia's). His only problem was that he peed on my leg and feet everytime he saw me b/c he was just so darn happy! I was pretty happy then, and we had a pretty good life.

1 Year Ago: We had just moved to Columbia (like two weeks before) after living in Lancaster for two years. We were excited b/c we had both been driving over an hour to get to work (one way) each day, and finally we were close. At the time, our A/C had only been broken for about two weeks, but we would soon find that it would not be repaired the entire time we lived there, which was until December (the heat didn't work, either!). TJ was 1 1/2 years old, and walking and talking very well. He had to go to Lancaster two-three days a week, while both Trey and I worked, to stay with his Nana and Grandaddy. It was killing us, but he was happy with his sucrose-filled existence overall. We were saving money on gas, which we put right to rent, but still had to pay the house payment each month, too, until we could get the house sold (in Feb. of this year!). We were broke but happy.

Yesterday: I don't remember. I think we went grocery shopping and to the playground. Other than that, we must have just sat around the house. We were lazy but happy.

Today: As I mentioned earlier, I slept in! So far I've washed dishes, a load of clothes, fed the baby about a thousand times, changed some diapers, and put them both to sleep. I'm going to try to shower before they wake up, which means I should get off of here!

Tomorrow: I'm thinking about going downtown to see the music at Finlay Park. Trey's parents might come down to see the baby, and I'll beg them to go with us (it wouldn't be fun alone, and I really have no friends). Trey doesn't have to work till 3...maybe I'll get him to let me sleep in again!

Well, if you're still here, I'm sorry that was so long. It was fun, though. You should try it and see if you can remember all that stuff. I sure do miss my past sometimes. I hope you have an awesome day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 3:31 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments: