Sunday, June 26, 2005
Day number two...
I wanted you to see how much she's grown already. This picture doesn't do her justice, though. Tomorrow is her 1 week checkup...I'll let you know what they say.

TJ is totally in love with talking on the phone, especially to Nana. He doesn't like it when I interrupt him. Here I thought I didn't have to worry till at least the middle school years for him to be a phone hog!


Okay, I've made it through two whole days as a mother of two, all alone with no help during the day. I must say, I've done a damn fine job! I got dishes done, the house cleaned, all the laundry done, and I'm sure other things! Plus, I've given TJ lots of one-on-one time, which he loves, and made sure to sit and stare at and talk to Reese when she's awake. I've even remembered to feed everyone! I even made Trey breakfast before work today (Pop-Tarts!). Of course, now I'm totally exhausted (lack of sleep may have something to do with this...)! I think I just may be able to do this! Hooray!

Okay, moms, I have a question for you. I was told by the dr's. and nurses not to do anything for at least two weeks after getting home. I was told I'd be in pain and unable to do much other than take care of the baby. I will admit that I'm tired from losing sleep, although it's minimal, I think. I was sore for a little while, but not enough to keep me from living and moving, especially w/the right pain killers! I was told not to vaccuum and stuff like that, but I don't see why. It's the same with driving. I really feel alright to do that stuff now. I keep thinking maybe I'm missing something, and that maybe I am worse off than I thought. So my question is: Did any of you bounce back after having your babies faster than you thought you should? I really feel like I'm missing out on some down time and sympathy that maybe I totally deserve!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 11:42 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    where are we

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger gina

    MY GOSH That child looks a spitting image of her brother. i miss ya'll. reese will be all grown up by the time we get back. wahhh..lol.

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You are awesome!!! I think you are doing great. Your house is probably cleaner than mine, and I don't have an excuse, lol. It's probably a good idea to stay home a lot, because going out often can be exhausting. You sound like me. By the time Alison was a week old, I felt pretty good, and I was doing all my normal stuff. Take it slow, just in case because you don't want to crash and burn.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Frances

    Wow! Only one week and you're doing all that???

    Mind you, my husband got 2 weeks paternal leave from his job after both our kids were born, so I had a built-in maid for the first 2 weeks! I didn't lift a finger, apart from breastfeeding and changing the occasional nappy. I loved my life of leisure!

    I was physically quite sore and weak after my son's birth, and spent 4 days in bed, then 3 days sitting in a chair, not doing anything! But after my daughter's easy quick birth I felt physically fine. Mind you, I still had my maid for the first 2 weeks!

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Renee

    The kids are SO cute! When they told me to do nothing i listened!lol I had a c-section with my daughter and i didn't do much for about 6 weeks. I had my son the "regular" way but it was a horrid birth so i took it easy for about 3 weeks after him. I'd say only do what you are up to. :-)

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Well Christi, I had both C-sections with my kids and with Mackenzie I thought I was ok and did more then I should have and ended up back in the hospital. With Ethan I was feeling the same. I thought I could clean and do things around the house but after what happened with me for Mackenzie I decided Vacuuming and cleaning was just not worth going into the hospital again.
    SO I would really listen to the Dr's and Nurses and really not do much for awhile. You may feel ok but you never know. They are probably saying that because they have seen Mother's come back to ER. I WAS ONE OF THEM.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger k8

    this question does not apply bc my situation was completely different. but i do try to this day to avoid housework as much as possible. especially vacuuming. ha!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Christi

    You know, everyone keeps saying how she looks so much like TJ. I totally don't see it. I mean, they look related, but...

    I've come to realize that it's actually been almost two weeks now, so I'm probably right where I should be. Julia's right about the going out part. When I was at my mom's last week, and we went to Walmart, it almost killed me just to walk slowly around the store!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    actually, there is a interesting chinese saying that after you give birth, you should not wash your hair. because it will cause you backaches and headaches when you grow older

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Christi

    Ummm, ewww!

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hahaha.. and yea. there are people who does it. my mom tried. but she couldnt take it after 1 day.