Wednesday, June 22, 2005
GREETINGS!
Greetings from Charleston! Whew, what a LONG week it's been!

Saturday night, Trey ran up to work, and got home around 11:30 pm. Sometime after that, some very sweet person (or people) decided it would be to their benefit to bust out his passenger side window and borrow his radio and our credit card he had in his car. Sunday afternoon, we were planning to go for a walk to the park, and I needed to get the diaper bag out of Trey's car. I went to see if it was unlocked, and I noticed that just the passenger side was unlocked (???). I looked further, and saw his busted window (it was tinted, so it pretty much stayed together) rolled up in his driver seat. My instant reaction: "Did Trey break his window and he's not even going to tell me!?" (Uh, duh!) Yeah, that didn't make sense, so I thought someone might have broken it accidentally, and left us a message (again, double duh!). As I looked around for this message (am I this naive!?), I noticed that the radio was missing. Finally, it started to dawn on me...Anyway, no walk to the park. He called the cops, and they said they'd caught the guys, who had broken into 8 cars in my neighborhood alone that night. They thought they had his radio in custody (but Trey thinks he'll never get it back). That sucks. We would have had to pay a $500 deductible to replace the window and whatnot, but my mom ROCKS! She jumped right to it, and found someone to do it for $160. Then, she gave it to Trey as his birthday present! Are we not the most blessed people in the world! I asked my mom how cool it feels to be one of God's valued workers! I'm gonna have to do one of those pay it forward things...because I totally can't afford to pay her back right now! For that matter, I've got lots of fat hookups to pay forward. I'd better get busy!

Oh, so that's why I'm in Charleston. My mom managed to get an appt. for yesterday for Trey's window. It was tons of fun to get to ride all the way here with our really cool duct-taped window. We looked SO cool...Trey made it look NICE! What was even more fun was having to climb over the driver seat and the console to get to the passenger seat...especially after you've just had a baby! Did I mention how very cool my mom is! I love you, Mommy! I couldn't imagine having to wait till we could afford to have it replaced, since that would have taken forever.

Trey is pretty mad about the whole thing. I don't blame him, but keep reminding him that it won't help anything to be angry. Just be thankful for the fact that it wasn't worse. You know, though, it's a horrible thing. Have any of you ever had something like this happen to you? It really takes away your sense of security. Trey said that night he saw the guys dealing drugs out in the parking lot and glared at them (why he didn't call the cops we'll never know). For that matter, I've seen them, too. They've been hanging out in our parking lot for a couple weeks or so now. I was suspicious, but I really didn't think I could say anything. Especially since I worked at DJJ, I'm suspicious of everyone. I figured I was just being paranoid. Anyway, I found out that if you ever even feel suspicious or something doesn't feel right, that's enough for an anonymous call to 911 (that's what the cop said). He said if you call them, then they can talk to the person. Because of profiling and stuff, they can't unless they actually catch the person breaking the law. So, I will put them on my auto-dial!

You know, I think I was heading somewhere else with this thought. I think it was something along the lines of how being a victim of even something that small just really takes away your sense of safety and security, and that's horrible at home (well, I guess it really is anywhere, really). Trey's really upset b/c he has to pay for what this jerk did, and I don't blame him. Those guys will probably sit in jail, spending our tax money, for a week or so, then they'll be right back out doing it again. Meanwhile, Trey has no radio in his car (which isn't that terrible, but still) and had to get his window replaced. Thankfully there was my mom's help, but still, we really couldn't afford the gas to drive to Charleston and back. I just don't understand this. Anyway, crime sucks.

I guess this has gone on long enough. I hope you all have a terrific day, and I'll see you soon!

Bring in on, Sucka!
You wanna mess with me? Bring in on, Sucka!
 
posted by Christi at 11:20 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    You manage to keep your life ineresting.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Renee

    My goodness! That is just crazy!


    Hey i don't know if you visit my blog or not so you know i am not a freak but i have a super gigantic ton of baby clothes for baby girls if you need anything. I can just send em to ya. I just need to make room for new stuff! Just email me at krbmc@hotmail.com :-)

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Sadi

    What jerks! I know that feeling! My dh had that happen a few years ago. Then last year they hit his car and left. It amazes me how cruel people can be.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Oh man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that. My brother has had so many things like this happen to him. One new car he got, he was always having someone do something to it. One morning he woke up to the front window broken, Stereo also gone. Then he got a truck and they broke into it, took a bunch of stuff and the second time they came by and stole the whole truck. He never did get it back. It is really not a good feeling. Glad to hear your mom was there to help you guys out.