Sunday, November 28, 2004
I think this is two in one day
I have a feeling that I may not get around to posting tomorrow, so while I have time tonight and the want to do it, I will post now. Technically, though, it is tomorrow anyway (12:10 am), so I guess I'm good to go.

Didn't do much today. I got to sleep in, which ROCKED! I don't want to go back to work Monday, or even home tomorrow. Don't get me wrong...I miss Trey and want to see him tomorrow. I know he misses TJ, and me I hope. However, I know that when I get there there will be loads of laundry that need to be washed, the house will need to be cleaned, I'll need to plan for school Monday, I'll feel sick again, and I'LL HAVE TO WORK MONDAY! In my mind, if I never go home, I'll never have to work again. I knew having a few days off would be very bad for me! Gotta look at the good side, though, right?

So, anyway, I went to Ashley's house tonight to see Leah, and Ashley and Will of course! I feel kinda bad, seeing as she is my brother's ex and all, and there seems to be some bad karma b/t Ashley and Jimmy's new g/f Kara. However, after many years of him dating her, I formed a friendship with her, and now that we have kids that are one month apart, I like hanging out with her. Ashley and her new beau Will are getting married next year, though, and I should hope that I will be invited (as she was one of my bridesmaids, and I still hang out with her when I can), but I was wondering today if my brother will be invited, too. If not, that could be wierd, although my brother probably wouldn't care.

Oh, so anyway, TJ and Leah played with each other today. I was a little shocked, to tell the truth. I mean, I'm not bragging, but I hear that TJ speaks very well for his age. I agree, I guess, but I haven't ever really seen any other kids his age to compare him to. Leah is one month younger than TJ. She is saying single words like Mommy, Daddy, Nemo, baby, stuff like that. She says a lot in the way of gibberish. She's super cute! It just surprised me, b/c TJ is not only speaking in sentences, he has a HUGE vocabulary and pretty good grammar (especially for a not yet two year old!). Not to mention the fact that he's pretty damn bossy at times! What was really funny to me was that he is such a nerd. While Leah was busy rolling and flipping around on the floor like a cheerleader, TJ was very seriously working on and studying her toys where you put the shapes in the right holes. When Leah tried to play, too, he freaked out when she tried to put the wrong shape in the wrong hole. Later, Leah was watching her favorite movie, Finding Nemo, and I kept trying to get TJ to lay down and watch it with her. Nope, he was busy singing "Jingle Bells" along with their Christmas decoration and working diligently on another one of her shape learning toys. Then Ashley gave them some popcorn to eat, and Leah spilled hers on the floor. TJ ran over and started picking it up and putting it back in the bowl...he said, "Clean up," and told her she had to clean up. I didn't know whether or not to be proud or freaked out that I have raised such an anal kid! I'm glad that TJ is doing so well, but I swear sometimes he scares me. He is going to know more than I do by the time that he's three!

Well, that's about it. I hope you guys have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 12:44 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Unknown

    TJ is a good talker for his age. I remember Andrew could barely say any words at that age. He was a little late talking. I can't remember what Alison could do at that age because I was less worried about her. I just know she started earlier than Andrew. Maybe this means you have a future chatterbox.

    It sounds like you need a longer vacation. ((Christi))