Monday, November 22, 2004
Time to catch up
I couldn't post yesterday. I don't know what was up, as I could read everything just fine, and post to other people's blogs. I just couldn't get mine to work. Figures! I actually had time and was motivated to do it yesterday! Oh well....

There's not a whole lot to say about yesterday or today. I didn't go to church yesterday b/c TJ has a little cold, and his nose has been running like a faucet. I didn't think they would appreciate me sending my sick child in there to infect all the other children, so...God and I had one-on-one yesterday. I did laundry, did some shopping for school, and that's about it. It was nice. I stayed busy enough that I didn't feel bad with my usual pains b/c of sitting around the house. I washed the dishes, but there were so many that I had almost another load left. I meant to wash them last night, but I was too tired. They are still calling my name, and I am still pretending that that's not what I'm called!

Today was rather uneventful. We cooked mini pumpkin pies and made little turkeys out of Oreo cookies, candy corn, frosting and Hershey kisses. The guys really seemed to enjoy it, and I'm glad. I'm sure as soon as they all left my class they were on sugar highs. Those cookies were CRAZY! One thing that was pretty great was that we just sat around and kinda talked while they made the turkeys, then after while they ate, and it was really nice. I was glad that they were all comfortable enough to chat, but still behaved enough not to talk about inappropriate stuff like gang stuff and their plans for misbehaving. I've found that since they think I'm pretty "cool" that they also have forgotten that I'm a teacher and that they are not supposed to talk about gang stuff around me. As well, I've had to remind them multiple times that if they talk about plans they have in front of me that I'm required as part of my job to report it. I don't mind being liked, and I think I keep pretty good classroom discipline, but I really guess I should work on making it more clear about what they can and can't talk about in my classroom. I have no desire to have any part in their bad decisions.

I bought my first Christmas present today. It was for TJ. I have been about to die for him to have some skates, so I got him the little ones that you put on your shoes and that have the wide wheels in the back. I think they're called My First Skates or something. It's about all I can do to hang on to them until Christmas now. I want to take them out and let him skate so bad it hurts. I also enjoyed the fact that this will be the last year that I can buy TJ's gifts for him while he stands next to me and not have to worry about it. He was so busy playing with everything that made noise that he could have cared less about them. To be honest, he may not care for the skates for a long time anyway, but I'll sure be ready when he does! I'll have to find mine and go skating with him someday. Well, until I'm not prego anymore, I'll have to send Trey, I guess. I'm sure to fall and do something bad!

Okay, well, like I said, nothing exciting. I'm working on having fun and thrilling news for you. Or at least some thoughtful thoughts. Until then, you guys have a great day, and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 10:29 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Unknown

    We have those skates. They feel so grown up in them. I think Alison was about TJ's age when she tried to use them. They were really Andrew's, but she put them on and got this huge grin on her face. If you could get a bigger kid to put them on first, TJ would probably want to wear them even more. Now Andrew wants roller blades. How did he get so old?

    It's nice that your students are comfortable with you. It must be hard balancing that line of being liked, but not being a pushover.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Any offers on the house yet?