Thursday, November 18, 2004
My head hurts...
Caffeine withdrawal is a very hard thing. I originally stopped cold turkey with the whole caffeine thing, but that almost killed me. So, I went to cutting down, and it's not working with me, either, even after weeks of being cut back. I am having the WORST headaches lately, and I can't see straight. Please, if you are not hooked on caffeine, NEVER get hooked. It's a dangerous and evil drug that controls your life. I hate to sound like a just say no commercial, but it's so true...

Soooo, today was a decent day. They messed up and put the kid I asked to be in my class in someone else's class, so I have to get that fixed. We've been watching a movie all week, so it's been kinda nice. I just make sure no one's trying to sneak and do something wrong, and it's all good. Tomorrow, though, I'll have to be a real teacher again. The movie's over, so I'll have to teach them something! Ahhhh! Okay, it's not so bad, but...they'll all cry b/c it's Friday, and they seem to think Friday's are fun days. Oh well, too bad for them. I made a kid mad today, b/c we were watching the movie, and he wanted to sit and talk to his buddy about stuff he shouldn't be. So I went and sat next to him at the table they were at. It was great. I didn't say a word, just turned and watched the movie. You would be surprised at how fast and how angry he got when I did that. He kept saying, "Mrs. Pitchford, you messin' up. (Yeah, he's white, but he thinks he's black) I'm 'bout to cuss you out. You need to go away, or I'm gonna cuss you out." It was totally hilarious to me, but I kept my composure and just calmly watched the movie. He got madder. After a few minutes he realized I wasn't leaving, so he calmed down and started watching the movie. Fun stuff! I really probably should have written him up when he threatened to cuss me out, but I don't like to do that. He gets sent to ISS so much now, that they have started letting him take out trash and sweep the halls when he gets sent out of class. I don't see a purpose in sending him out of class, except to make my life easier, b/c it's just a reward to him. How on earth could it be a punishment to someone who could care less about learning to get to leave class and roam around the school unsupervised? You gotta love the way things work in the world anymore...

Oh, we watched White Chicks last night. Trey begged to rent it, b/c I was totally against it. He said he heard at work that it was SOOO funny. So, I gave in and got it. Let me just tell you that he fell asleep three times during the movie (and the only reason he woke up was b/c I kept making him wake up to watch his lame movie!), and went to check his email through most of the rest of it. It was so sad. I think I chuckled a couple of times, and it was mostly b/c I felt I needed to and forced myself to. You would really have to have a POWERFUL imagination to have begun to try to believe that these two black guys could pass for two white blond girls. Also, for former In Living Color brothers, a very funny show, the movie was VERY lacking in funny. It was painful. The acting was bad. The best part to me was that I recognized the girl who played Six on Blossom. Oh, now that was a fun show!

Alright, time to go watch Bad Santanow. We saw it last year at Christmas, and it was so funny (yet enormously crude and vile) that we had to rent it and watch it again. I love this movie! I hope you guys all have a wonderful stupendous day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 10:38 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Someone told me that drinking green tea in place of coffee is helpful for caffeine withdrawals. I have no personal experience.

    I saw White Chicks too. I laughed a few times, but like you, thought the movie was bad.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Christi

    NO NO NO! TJ has so many jackets that I am thinking of giving some to someone in need. He does need some play pants and long-sleeved shirts, though, if you want to get him any clothing. Also, jeans. I gave Gayle a pretty little fleece outfit that came with a nice fleece jacket that I'm absolutely sure will fit KK now, b/c it was a bit too big then. It was part of all those clothes I gave her a while back. Unless she was dumb enough to give it to J, then she should have it for her.

    Another honeymoon? I was just told that she had never been to Wilmington, so he took her with him. Trey asked why KK couldn't come, seeing as how Todd managed to find space for J to fit in. I, too, wondered that. Undoubtedly, unless we take her with us when we travel, she does not get that luxury. I think it is wise to raise your child its entire life inside your filthy little apartment. She will have many great experiences that way, and get a full understanding of the world in which she lives....