Monday, November 08, 2004
And so I barely survive another Monday...
Okay, so I'll start with yesterday, as it was a great day all in all. First we went to church, which was nice. TJ didn't even cry when I left the nursery, and it was so great, yet a little scary. Just another reminder that he is growing up! Afterwards, I had to go to work for open house, and it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be (which I knew would happen!). I got to meet some of the families of some of my kids, and it was nice. I may hate MH, in a loving way of course, but he has the cutest little sister. She's 4, and it was hard to try to talk professionally to his mother about him when there was this adorable little cutey running around my room (especially since I had to send TJ away for the time :( . It's hard to believe that these two kids, MH and his sister, came from the same mother and family. Also, the kid I was telling you was coming did, and he had the cutest little brother! He's nine months old, and I told him that he better get his butt out of DJJ and home to that child to set a good example before I beat his butt! I think he will, too, which is great. Sad for me, b/c I'm sure he'll be replaced with some deviant miscreant, but all the better for him, right?

Anyway, after that, I went to the fall festival at church, and Gina, Wesley and kids met me there with TJ. I had a lot of fun! TJ made a candle for Thanksgiving, and a turkey magnet (which will forever reside on my refridgerator!). He was obsessed with the little googly-eye I put on the turkey, so I had to get him another one to play with so I could leave the one I put on the turkey. They had a pie eating contest that they wanted me to be in, and I had thought about doing it, until I found out what it was. I was thinking (oh silly me!) that they gave each person a piece of pie at a time, and whoever ate the most pieces won. HAHAHA! I am so naive! No, no, no....I went to watch the kid contest, and they said they were giving everyone their bags in a second to put over their heads. I questioned this, and it took a few minutes to register....Ahhh, what! NO WAY would I be in this contest! I can't use my hands?! I have to eat pudding with just my face! Yeah, if you know me, you know that all the money in the world would not get me to put pudding on my face. I am so wierd about my face and stuff touching it, that I would die! I did find out, though, that Wesley is the same way....so maybe it's inherited from Daddy....The best part, though, was that TJ rode a pony for the first time! I am such a bad mom that I forgot my camera, but it was so cool! TJ was totally freaked out at first, and it was hard to get him on it. When it started moving, though, he calmed down some. He still held on for dear life, but afterwards he petted the horse and we talked to it and looked at its face. I think he liked it, especially since he talked about it for a while after. Then he was inspired to walk around singing Old MacDonald for the next hour! I liked the festival. It was small, but cool.

Lastly, I watched Shrek 2 last night. It was a super cute movie. I still like the first one more, but it was funny, in a way that both children and adults could appreciate, and very entertaining. I had heard that Puss in Boots was the best part of the movie, and I have to say, he was a very big part of why the movie was so cool. The little kitten look, classic! I love the plot twist, it was very creative. So, thumbs up from me. I think it's a great choice for the whole family to watch together!

I won't tell you about today, b/c it sucked! So, I will see you tomorrow, and you guys have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 6:20 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: