Friday, October 29, 2004
What a great day!
Okay, I think all my prayers were answered today, and that made for a GREAT day! First off, we watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for first and second periods. Okay, that was the stupidest movie, but the kids loved it, and it brought back some memories for me, too. I was watching two large classes, so that worked well. Then, after lunch we watched a movie, too! I was so happy! I prayed that we would, and it was like the movie gods were listening. GREAT! I was not looking forward to going to sixth period and my middle schoolers today.

At lunch we had a chili cook-off, and I got second place. I lost by one vote. Guess who voted that vote? Yes, that's right, I didn't think it would be right to vote for myself, so I voted for the one I thought was next best, and he ended up winning. I didn't really care, as I would have won a crock pot, which I already have one of. However, I did find myself being a little more competitive than I thought I should be. I really did want to win for some reason. All-in-all it was a lot of fun, though. I think everyone had a good time. What made me feel the best was that it was my idea, and it worked pretty well. I can even see us doing it again sometime, or some likeness to it. That really made my day. It's nice to know that some things I think up are pretty cool. I mean, it's not like it's totally original or anything, but when we were trying to think of a cool fundraiser that hasn't been used yet at the school, that's what I came up with. Okay, enough about that.

After school was cool, too. There is a little group growing that's started to go out to drink and play pool at a local wings place after work on Fridays. I was invited last week, but I couldn't go. This week I could, and I did. It was so fun! I drank Coke, of course, and played pool. We played four games in teams, and I played every one b/c our team kept winning (okay, it was usually by default...scratch on the 8 ball, but hey!). I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to run get TJ. Nevertheless, it was lots of fun. I met a new person who is a teacher at Willow Lane, and I can't remember her name to save my life right now. She was nice, though. Then there were some cool peeps from work. We vowed not to talk about work, and we didn't, and the spirits stayed high. As everyone else started to get "fuzzy", my pool looked that much better! Lee said she wondered what it would be like if I were drinking. If you know me, then you know, and you would know why I said, "Even if I could, I wouldn't. I have to see you guys on Monday!" I can't wait till next week to go again. I think more people will be there then, b/c it was decided that if we plan ahead (which means before 5th period on Friday), then more people will be able to come. I bet that will make it even more fun!

The highlight of my night, of course, was getting TJ. I sure do love that kid! He is just so smart it scares me! On the way home he was singing, "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle, jingle bells!" Great stuff, and I think I actually like his version better than the original! Trey was making chicken noises when we were almost home, and TJ was cracking up. I was too. I couldn't figure out for sure if I was laughing at Trey or TJ's laughing. Then Trey did a cat noise which did not seem funny to me, and TJ busted out again. Then I did. I figured it out. But really, who can resist laughing when a little person is cracking up? If you can, you have no heart! I am so happy to have my baby back again. Can you imagine the great feelings of having two of them!? I can't wait!

Alright, you guys have a wonderful day, and I'll talk at you tomorrow.
 
posted by Christi at 10:36 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    From your mom:
    I'm SO HAPPY you had a great day!! It sounds like the only thing that could have possibly made it any better was for Kim to call and say they had a contract on the house. I can't wait to see TJ again--he's probably already grown a foot since I last saw him. And at the rate he's talking, I'll be able to sit down and have a conversation with him. I've been reading Traci's blogs and responses--she's very smart--I'm glad you're getting her input. Hope you have many more really good days ahead and I'm still praying that your house sells soon! Love y'all, MOM

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm glad you had such a good day. It's nice going out with people to relaxing. I chuckled about your pool playing getting better as you stayed sober and they got "fuzzy".