Saturday, October 23, 2004
One day of freedom...
Sorry I missed yesterday. I'm sure no one noticed, but I did. By the time we got home from picking up TJ, I just wanted to crash, and that I did!

Today we went to Taco Bell for lunch. It's funny. I will only eat Taco Bell if I'm in a mood for it, and that was today. I was watching The Cat in the Hat, and a dog peed (sp?) on the dude's taco, to which he replied, "Hey, you peed on my taco!" That's all it took. I was not to be satisfied until I had a taco. It took over my thoughts and was all I could think about. I have to admit, Taco Bell wasn't too bad, either. The one we went to was totally in the ghetto, and there were even gang symbols carved in the mirror in there. It was a little scary, and it smelled a little too "kitcheny" in the dining area (that's not good). But, the tacos tasted good to me and TJ, and I don't feel any more sick than I usually do, so I guess it's all good! Wonder what I'll crave tomorrow? It's almost daily now that someone will mention some type of food, and I must have it from that point on. The other day a boy said he wanted me to bring him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (I didn't), and I had to rush home during lunch to eat one. Crazy! I thought I wasn't supposed to start the whole craving thing till later on?

Anyway, we were going to go to "Boo in the Zoo" tonight at the zoo. The line was almost an hour wait! Trey said we would go back next week and try to get there early. I still think the wait will be long, but we'll see. So we went bowling instead. It was fun for about the first 20 minutes, while TJ was still interested, and was still listening to us. Then he got restless and started wanting to run all over the place. Then we started showing how old we were. Trey hurt his arm, my hand hurt. We were just sad! It was fun, though. Trey kicked my butt (of course, so did TJ--he did push the ball a couple of times in the beginning!) the first game, but I beat him by 5 points the second game. I won't tell the scores, b/c they would embarrass us all, even the readers!

Oh, and I watched The Cat in the Hat today. It was cute, but kind of annoying to me. There were some pretty vulgar scenes in it, like where he coughed up a hairball. I think he farted a few times, too. There were lots of moments where they were blatantly trying at adult humor (like when he got all hot and bothered over Paris Hilton dancing in an almost non-existent outfit), and I didn't really find a need to laugh. I think there was a lesson of moderation and get along with your siblings, but most of the movie was just about making a big mess. Of course, it was based on a book with just such story, so in that sense, it was good to go. I don't know, it was just so-so to me. Who knows, I'm going to watch it again with Trey tomorrow b/c he didn't get to see it, and maybe I'll like it more then.

Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 11:44 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I noticed that you didn't write. I was getting a little impatient, too! I remember taking Andrew bowling once when he was really little. It was so hard because he didn't want to stay in our lane and play the game. He was more interested in exploring. I applaud you for attempting that while pregnant.