Thursday, October 14, 2004
It's a sad state of affairs...
Okay, if there is anyone out there in Columbia who can hire me to be a special ed teacher, please, please, PLEASE call me and hire me!!! I love my students, more than they will ever know, but I don't think I can keep going back there. SCDJJ has gone so low, I don't think they will ever be able to pull themselves out of the hole they've dug for themselves. It's so terrible there! Our principal doesn't know what to do, so instead of dealing with the problems that need to be dealt with, she keeps coming up with stupid ideas to try to catch us not doing our jobs, then drops them after a week or so. However, they are all stupid, stupid, stupid new rules that piss off the students, and then we have to deal with them being angry and the behavior that comes with the anger. Then, two weeks later, she doesn't care anymore, and goes and tells the students, then they come to us telling us we've lied to them. It's such crap! I am desperately trying to figure out how I can get it where I can stay home with my perfect child and soon-to-be perfect child (now just a perfect embryo or fetus or whatever). Any hints, tips?

Overall, though, I've had a pretty good week. I got to have TJ at home all week, and he did great today at Aunt Gina's and Uncle Wesley's. Gotta get him to not call Wesley Uncle Jimmy, but...I had my three year anniversary, that's a cool thing. I found out I'm going to get not just one, but two perfect blessings in my life, and that's super cool! As I sit here and look at goofy TJ stack as much of his dinner on top of his sippy cup as he can, then throw the rest on the floor (yes, I know I should be dealing with that, and I usually do), I just wonder how anyone could not love their child and treat it with anything but their most love ever. This is no child...This is MY child. He came from ME. He is my little piece of clay to shape and mold and add a wonderful person to this world. Who would dare neglect such a great responsibility and risk ruining some sweet, innocent little person's life? This is such a great opportunity. I don't see how someone could not take it as the most important challenge of their life. It happens, though, and I must remind myself that somewhere out there is one child that feels neglected like this, and that my influence in his life may make the difference between a life in prison or a life of complete success.

Okay, I have no idea where that went, but I think I'll just leave it. Sorry if I lost you. I'm lost, too. Oh wow! I get to do it all again! I bet it will be even more fun now that TJ will be here to help me! Yippee!
 
posted by Christi at 8:12 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: