Wednesday, October 06, 2004
I'm over halfway there...
Okay, we found TJ a costume. He doesn't know it yet, but he will soon be dressing up as Frankenstein. I just hope he goes along and will keep it on. I'm thinking that once he sees that he will get candy for it, he will be cool. I talked to a couple of people today, and they are all telling me to go to the mall for Trick-or-Treating. Anyone ever done that before? It sounds cool, from what they said. I might have to check that out. Seems safer than going door to door. I can't wait!

I also got TJ's baptism invitations. Yippee! So, be looking in your mail soon. I'll try to get them out asap.

Trey came with me to church tonight, and we had dinner there and met lots of cool people. The guy that intrigued and interested me the most was the guy next to me. He is older, I'd say around his forties (no, that's not old, just older than me!), and he looks really cool. He has his ears pierced, even in that little middle part! He does cool stuff with the kids, like teach them how to repel from the ceiling of the fellowship hall (it's got beams on it) and fun stuff like that. I told him if he ever needs help, I'm his man...errr...woman. We met lots of other people, too. I found out the pastor's son is also named TJ, which kinda threw me. We talked to Suzy, the education person, for a while. I even found out about my secret student I signed up to pray for and write to throughout the year. I'm so excited! Trey didn't talk much, but he seemed to have as much fun as I could have hoped for. I think I could even get him to go back w/o having to beg! It was cool! We may even make some friends one day!

I feel like when I first started this page, it was where I was putting all my deep thoughts and questions I ponder. Now I feel like it's more of a diary where I just talke about my day. It's like it's metamorphosized. I don't know which people prefer to read. I do know that I feel like I ask less thought-provoking questions now than I did before. That could be good. I think when I started this I was in a sort of depression and dwelling on such things. Now I feel like I'm in a better place, and not dwelling. Thus, I don't say stuff that's as "deep". For those of you who have read my ranting and raving, what do you think?
 
posted by Christi at 8:42 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Aww, he's going to be such a cute Frankenstein!

    Does Trey normally go to church with you on Sundays? Rich and I go to church together, but he runs the sound board, so he never sits with me.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Christi, your neighbrhood here is very LARGE on Trick or Treat. Tj could go to a few homes and rack up. Peggy and Sherry both are huge on the Halloween giving. Just on Peggy's part of the street Katie and the boys would get tons. We have also done the mall thing. The Kids hated it. For me it was cool though I got to see other kids and their costumes. As someone else said in your post little to no candy and not very festive, such as with the people who put displays in their yards.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Christi

    Thank you so much for your comments on the mall. I will say that the person who pushed it the most was not exactly a source I would typically look to. Perhaps we'll do both! I hear the mall starts pretty early. I don't think we'll be going to Lancaster, though, b/c Trey wants to go, and he has to work till 5:30. We'll probably just see what my brother and his wife are doing, and try to tag along. Their neighborhood looks pretty cool for trick-or-treating.

    Oh, and Julia, no, Trey does not come to church with me. He works on Sundays. I just decided he still had to be a part of it, so I'm dragging him on Weds. while he's at home at night.