Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Another day, another dollar...
I have to admit...My days are NEVER boring! They may not be great, but they are never boring. I have a headache, they are so busy, and frustrating. The fun never ends at work, where I got five new students today! Yippee! Yes, this is to add to the other 44 I already had. I am now in second place for special ed students on rosters, only beaten by Doug with 50. I will surely surpass him within the week. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, my limit of students, supposedly, is 40, and that is with an over-full load. Each student I have I am supposed to serve one-on-one with his specific learning deficits and behavior problems. Mind you, this is hard to do with 8 kids in a class, much less more. Oh, and to top that, I don't have a planning period at all. And to top that, I must have meetings on about 3-5 students a week to make their IEP's and keep them up to date. For these I am supposed to test and evaluate them (in all my tons of spare time!), and many of them I have yet to meet. It's a fun job!

There was a light in my tunnel today. I went to pay my car taxes, which made me cry they were so high when I went to get the bill, and I had them take off for high mileage. It went from $500 to $383. Yes, it's sad that that could bring me so much joy, but I have never been so happy that I have put so many miles on my car! Hey, you look for the good things, right? Sometimes you just gotta look hard and kinda make stuff seem better.

If anyone out there knows of a teaching job in Columbia, SC for a special ed. teacher, please let me know. I am desperate, and I must leave this place soon, before I lose it. My head really hurts!

Hmmm, question...Is it more important to be bankrupt and happy, or struggling and miserable?
 
posted by Christi at 6:27 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: