Monday, September 20, 2004
Just another manic Monday...Oh, whoooh...
I am trying desperately hard to overcome my anger issues. Overall I feel like I did good today. Well, until we were at Wal-Mart fighting to get an oil change, and Trey started giving me the third degree about something...I don't know what...and I just wanted him to SHUT UP! He didn't seem to get it. He never does. Then he wonders why I snap at him. Hmmm....???

So here's my new dilemma. I know I briefly mentioned how very angry I am that my brother-in-law and his wife (***), well, exist. It would take a long time to explain and make you fully understand. Just know that they are stupid people that I fully detest. To be totally honest, I could care less that they walk the earth, and I would not become angry at them for their actions or even care, except for one thing, soon to be two. They have an absolutely beautiful and sweet little girl (who's turning 1 this month), and now they have stupidly gone and gotten pregnant again. They do not raise their child, and think only of themselves. I could go on, but I won't....Anyway, I do not like them. So much so that I have decided that we will boycott Christmas day and Thanksgiving day at Trey's parents' house. We can do it the day before, or whatever, but not any time that they will be there. I would just prefer to stay away from them. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. That way I won't be forced to say what I think. It's at that point.

Here's my problem...KK (Their daughter, my nickname) is having her first birthday party this Saturday. I don't want to go. Nothing would please me more than to spend my Saturday doing anything else than wasting it with my brother-in-law's new family. I don't care much for them, either. However, I do love KK, and I want to be there for her. I remember how happy I was when people came to TJ's first b-day party. I know she won't care either way. Also, I'm pretty sure that Trey's mom would want me to come so she wouldn't have to be alone with the other family. What should I do? I don't want to go. My morals say I should. God might get a little upset at me if I don't go, but then maybe he will understand how I feel. Help me! Please advise, as your comments will mean more than you can know.
 
posted by Christi at 8:27 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hmmm.. I posted a comment yesterday, but it's gone now. I think you should go to the party. KK needs as many good people in her life as she can get. Don't say anything to her parents about your opinion. That could only cause hard feelings and not do any actual good. If you think you will not be able to keep yourself from being even more angry and possibly saying something, don't go. It's not worth causing a scene. If you think you can be nice, then go. How's that for a wishy-washy answer?

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Weird. Yesterday's post is there now under Richard's name.