Tuesday, September 21, 2004
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIA!!!
Yep, yep...it's Julia's birthday! She's old like me now. Stay out of the way of us old fogeys....we tend to get cranky if we have to do more walking than is necessary. We'll make sure to tell you all about our hemorrhoids if we do. I remember the first time I heard about someone's hemorrhoids...I still have nightmares!

So why would someone want to talk openly about that stuff? I'm not at that point yet where I have all my ailments, but I know that when I start falling apart I won't want to tell everyone about the gross stuff that happens to me. It was hard enough having a baby and knowing there were people who were being forced to see the grossness of a baby coming out of me. That's not to say that he's not the most beautiful being that ever walked the earth, but he wasn't pretty for that first few minutes. Kinda reminded me of Poltergeist when the little girl fell out of the ceiling with her mom. Gooey and icky! I can't imagine myself going on about my butt sores and calouses. Am I wrong? Could somebody set me straight? Is this something that will just happen as I get older, and it won't even seem strange to me? Are there older people out there that don't talk about their personal problems? Am I being just totally vulgar and rude? Someone tell me! Julia, now that you're old, (hee hee hee!), do you feel the urge to tell people about your aches and pains while out in public, upon first meeting them? Just wondering...

Where is my mind right now?......
 
posted by Christi at 5:39 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Wow, your title was dedicated to me. I feel special!! Now that I'm old I still don't have any ailments to complain about. I have no idea if I will make my hemorroids public knowledge if I ever get them. My guess is I won't because I have a very high fiber diet, so there is no straining. LOL, like you really wanted to know that! I can be pretty whiney. I guess we'll when my aches and pains time comes.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Christi, I saw your comment on Steve's blog. You have met him. He was the guy that was yard saleing with Rich. You would like him. He's really funny, and dirty jokes are his favorite. He will make you laugh though.