Saturday, September 25, 2004
This is my favorite day of the week...
I so look forward to Saturdays. For many reasons, of course, but mostly for one. Saturday is the day that I have time to take TJ to the playground and just do what he wants. Like, sometimes I can take him on Mondays (well, not anymore, with work), and every once in a while on Sundays, but I always do my best to set aside time on Saturdays to take him. When we hit the parking lot, which is nowhere in sight of the actual playground, he says, "Play? We play? Play now?" I like that he knows it. I also like that we've been going to church regularly on Sundays now, and when we drive into that parking lot he knows, too. Of course, I know this b/c he starts to cry, but that's only b/c he knows I'm going to leave him in the nursery to play. He's always happy within 2-3 min., though. And there is this really sweet old lady named Ruth that always sits with me. I look forward to it. Last week she was running late, I guess, and someone else sat next to me, and it just wasn't the same. She sat behind me though! I think I like sitting next to her b/c A: she talks to me and is so nice, and B: she doesn't seem to mind that I move constantly, and bounce around the entire time we stand to sing. I don't know why. I just can't stay still, ever. Even at work I try to just sit down at my desk and work, and within minutes I find a reason to get up and find something or check on someone. It's a curse, I tell you.

I do believe I really bounced around there. Oh well. I am just happy, and sad. Happy that I got to take TJ to the playground and just have fun with him. Sad that it's over again until next week. Of course, next week I'll be in S'ville, so I have to make it a point to still take him. I think I'll shoot for the one near Gahagan. Nifty park! I love TJ! He is so fun! Oh, and Trey was there, too. That's also nice. I think he likes it, too, even though I drag him right after a long day at work! It's worth it, though.

Oh, my question...Anyone who has or knows any kids, have you ever met a kid who's COMPLETELY obsessed with something? I say this b/c TJ is totally obsessed with lights...he finds them EVERYWHERE, and we have to sit and look at them. Not my idea of fun, but very much his. I think it's strange, but I wonder if it's not just normal toddler behavior. Any thoughts?
 
posted by Christi at 10:28 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: