Wednesday, September 22, 2004
Is it Friday yet?
I woke up this morning convinced it was Thursday. I walked around all day up until lunch time thinking it was Thurs. At this point, I realized it was only Wednesday, and that sucked! Don't get me wrong, Wed. are good. We only have students half the day on Wed., but that meant that I still have Thurs. to get though (again, in my mind!). Igh!

I've learned that the people you hang out with can really affect how you see the world around you. I have a little clique at school that I eat lunch with on occasion. We have little bitch sessions where we complain about anything and everything, and believe me, we never have a quiet moment! I think that puts my mind in that state. Today, my boss won an award of employee recognition. I can honestly say that if ever there were a person whom I think deserves an award the least in my school, it would be her. LONG story. Ordinarily, I would be upset by this, and think it to be ridiculous. However, the awards ceremony was right after my "power lunch" with my buddies, and I'm finding myself a bit more than upset about it. It makes me want to find a new job kind of upset. To my defense, though, I think I am handling it quite well, much better than last week, even. I think had this happened last week, I would have gone off, started yelling, and gotten a really bad headache that would last for days. Today, though, I have forced myself to think, and realize that I have no control over this. I can't save the world from stupid people, and as long as I am not hurt in the process of her winning a bogus award, than I will be okay. The result is that I only have a minor headache, and I have not screamed one single time. I have come to the conclusion, though, that her winning this award could be a good thing. She now has that, plus all the other things that her wonderful employees have done that she gets credit for, to put on her resume. I figure since she can't handle the job, she won't want to be there for long. She will be able to move up much more quickly if she wins all of these wonderful accolades. So, let her rake them in. For that matter, perhaps I will even nominate her for something. She's aware of the fact that most of us know she's a joke, so perhaps it's only a matter of time.

Yaaaaa for me that I have come so far in suppressing my anger.

Okay, as I feel I have decided that I will ask a question everyday, even though few care, here is today's: Do you think my assumption that my boss will leave sooner if she keeps winning things is dumb?
 
posted by Christi at 5:00 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown

    We must be online at the same time...

    I can attest to the fact that the people you hang around with have a big effect on your attitude. When I worked with a certain unnamed person (you never, know he might read this), he had a horrible attitude. Every person that came in the door was ridiculed. After a while I found myself ridiculing people for sport. I think that's a terrible thing to do, yet I was doing it. Now I'm around people that rarely do that and I am much more forgiving of people's faults and less judgemental.