Sunday, October 03, 2004
I have learned an important lesson...
Okay, so I went to my friend Marie's church today. Her church is Methodist, like the one I go to, but I never realized just how different churches, even in the same denomination, could be. I, personally, didn't care for the service. It was a lot different from the one I usually go to. That's cool, though. Different strokes for different folks. No problem there. However, even though the sermon was VERY long to me, I learned an important lesson from it. He talked about having more faith, and blah blah blah. He also talked about how we are not God, and we should not judge people. He also talked about how we need to find it in ourselves to forgive, even if we have to do it over and over and over again. So, I have decided...I will start by forgiving Jennifer and Todd for all their misgivings. I completely disagree with everything they do. It makes me very sad the way they are ruining their child's (perhaps children's soon) life. I admit, they have not asked me for forgiveness, and they probably don't care either way if I hate them or love them. I do, though, and I have decided to forgive them. As Trey says, I don't know the details of their life, and what they are going through. I will not judge them anymore, and be mad at them. Now don't get me wrong, I am not ready to be around them yet, or spend time with them. I don't want anything to do with them. I just forgive them, and I will no longer worry about them and their lives. I will help their child as much as possible, but past that, they can do whatever they want, and I don't care. So, if you have information about them, please do not make me privy to it. I don't want to know. That should reduce a large amount of stress for me.

So anyway, I had a great day. I went to church, then to Vickery's with my friends Mike and Johnnie. I never realized how much of a gay hang out that place is. It was fun, but our server SUCKED! I liked my crabcake sandwich, although the jalepeno tartar sauce was a little hot (go figure!). I really liked the black beans and rice, though. I just started liking black beans. I used to think they were yucky. Now I get them whenever I can. Strange...Then I got some new clothes. Well, a couple of new shirts...cool shirts. Yippee for me!

Okay, guess that's it. Did you have a fun day? If so, why? If not, why? Wait, my question needs to make you ponder...Let's see...What do you suppose your purpose in life is? Yeah, this has nothing to do with what I wrote, but don't you ever wonder?
 
posted by Christi at 9:11 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hi Christi! It was great seeing you yesterday! TJ is so cute! It sounds like you had a nice, full weekend. I'm glad you are forgiving those people. It's more for your benefit than theirs, really. It's like you're doing yourself a favor.