Monday, October 11, 2004
Okay, it's decidedly so.
So I wasn't feeling well at all today, or yesterday, and it was mostly my stomach that was killing me. I couldn't figure out what could make me feel so icky (except perhaps the Chinese food I had last night!), so I thought there was one possibility. I decided there was only one way to find out, so I went to Eckerd and bought a test. I was feeling bad a while back, and got a test then, which came up negative. So in my mind I would just get the same thing this time. I didn't. I even got the fancy test that had two in the pack and showed the words "Not Pregnant" or "Pregnant" depending on the results. No messing up trying to figure out the colors there! And so it is. It seems that my mother is not happy about it, but what is she ever happy about? Everyone else has said congratulations, but I kinda feel like the timing is just bad. Like everyone's so wrapped up in some type of issue or drama that it hasn't really occurred to anyone what I have said. Oh well. They'll figure it out soon enough. Which leads me to a question for anyone who may be reading this from Columbia...Do you know a good OB/GYN or midwife in Columbia? I was really hoping to find a midwife, but I haven't had any luck. I guess, though, I'll just be happy with any good doctor. Anyone know of anybody?

So I went to counseling today, and found out that my problems stem a lot from how I was raised. She said I need to grieve my past. I can't wait to find out how I can do that, b/c I totally agree that my past has definitely defined my present. I love counseling! It's so refreshing and it gives me such insight! I love Kim!

Oh, and I need some help. I have a friend, Marie, who knows some people who have a 2 year old little boy that was just diagnosed with some sort of cancer and is now permanently in the hospital. The mom is totally out of leave, and can't work b/c she's there w/him 24-7. They also have a 9 month old girl. If there is anyone out there that has some 12 mo. girl clothes, or 2T boy clothes, please let me know, and I will find out a way to get them from you to help them out. They have spent their last dime, and have nothing for their children now. Even if you have something neutral in those size ranges, or even a little bit bigger, that would be perfect! Here's your chance to know for sure that your donation would go to a good family in need. Also, if you know of anything else you might be able to offer, that would rock. You can post back or email me if you can help. Thank you so much!

Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 11:29 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown

    That is so sad about that family. I wish I had something to give them, but I've already given away all my little stuff. I will pray for them.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    From Your Mother:
    What do you mean, "What is she ever happy about?" I'm one of the happiest people around--and I'm thrilled about becoming a grandmother again! However, the reason you think I'm never happy about anything is because all I ever hear from you about your life situations are negative. You hate your job, you have no money, Trey's getting screwed by his workplace, your credit is not so good anymore, your house won't sell, your A/C doesn't work and the mgr. won't do anything about it, you're broke, Trey got a ticket, your tires are bald, Trey wrecked your car, the house is falling apart, you can't afford daycare, your car tax is too high and you can't pay it, you're having marital problems, you've got to take care of Todd's child, Jennifer's crazy and wants to kill her child, etc., etc., etc., etc.............. Since I am your mother and TJ's grandmother, I WORRY ABOUT ALL OF YOU!! I'm sorry that my concern comes across as unhappiness, but I really wonder about how your minds work when you have to get California Dreaming to pay your rent, but you can afford to take a road trip and stay in a motel in Asheville. Then you tell me you're going to have another child when you obviously have problems taking care of this one without having to leave him in Lancaster for the better part of the week. So now I'm thinking that you're probably going to want to quit work to stay home and raise your kids! You forget, I know how you think! So what you perceive as unhappiness about your news is actually CONCERN about all of your family's well being! Whether you realize it or not, even when nobody else cares about you I DO!!!!! I have, do, and always will make every effort to be there for you when you need me, I just want you to be able to have a good and happy life by making the right decisions and at the right times.
    I LOVE YOU ALL!! Mom