Friday, October 15, 2004
Oh, what a great day!
Guess what! I had a great day today! First, we had a workday, so there were no students. I have to admit I really didnt' get anything important done, for the most part, but I got a little, so that's cool. I also had my complete schedule changed again, and now I have a new class of Employability English, which adds a ton of new students to my rolls, but oh well. Today I'm in a good mood, so that works for now. Plus, for lunch I got to go to CA Dreaming with Susan (my classroom neighbor), and it was fun. We did our best not to talk about work, and we were pretty much successful. Yippee!

Oh, but then it gets better! TJ went to his Aunt Gina's and Uncle Wesley's and played with Julia and Blake all day. He was very well behaved, or so they said, and he seemed to have had fun. Gina said he was much more comfortable than yesterday, and that's so great! My big boy is really becoming a big boy!

To add to the greatness, we went to the Fair tonight! We took TJ, and unfortunately he is too short to ride anything yet. We walked around though, and we saw guys playing drums on pots and pans and empty water bottles. TJ really liked that. Then we looked at all the rides with lights that were going "round and round and round". TJ really liked that! Trey wanted to buy cotton candy then, but I said he had to wait till we left, b/c that's just way too messy, so we got an elephant ear. Yum! Then TJ played the Pick a Duck game, and he won a little stuffed mouse (when I say little, I'm talking the size of his hand). I'm so happy, though, b/c it's the first thing TJ's ever won. I will keep it forever. Then TJ ran wild around the place, and we walked and looked some more. Oh, and then we rode the Ferris Wheel! There was another couple with a little girl about 3 or 4 in there with us, so both of the moms were having heart attacks (it was the BIG one!). It was cool for a while, while the wheel was going fast. TJ was loving it. Then it slowed down, and he wanted to stand up. Not happening. So he cried the rest of the time. I'll forget that part, though, and only remember when he was saying "Whoa" as we looked out over the city! He played a game where he fished and got a little stuffed fish. He didn't care, b/c by then he was tired and hungry (he didn't much care for the elephant ear...strange child!), and Trey was tired and hungry, and they were both crying, so we left. I really wanted to go and look at all the exhibits and stuff, but I Trey's not into that stuff, and he was ready to go about an hour before we left, so I didn't see the point in asking. Oh well, I'm still happy we went. Trey said it was a waste of money. I say it wasn't that much money (mostly just to get it--that sucked!), and it was worth it for the memories we got. I can't wait until TJ is tall enough to actually ride the rides. Then it will be SUPER fun! Tonight was a perfect fair night, though. It was cold and a Friday, and just right. I love the smells and all the rude people and everything. I did notice that the carnies have changed, though, since the last time I went. They used to be drunks with no teeth that yelled at everyone. Now they are nice and clean and have hearts, and they were all just so sweet to us and really were sweet to TJ. It was so nice, but kinda wierd, if you know what I mean. Is it just me, or aren't carnies supposed to be drunks that scare you? I swear that's why the fair is so cool, b/c it's so scary! Even the roller coasters are nice and metal and they look safe. What's that all about? Does anyone else think one of the great things about going to the fair is the fact that it's so scary?
 
posted by Christi at 10:39 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Sounds like a great day! My brother had a girlfriend that was friends with the carnies. He says a lot of them are cokeheads. I remember going to the fair when I was like 12 years old and some of them were trying to flirt with me and Kellie who looked like she was about 10.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Christi

    When I worked at Bi-Lo in Oakbrook there was a little tiny carnival in the parking lot for a while, and my line became the carny line while they were there. They all came through my line to buy there cigarettes and 40's, I guess b/c I was the only person who was nice to them. One guy got some kind of crush on me and wanted my address and all kinds of stuff when he left. He would wait outside by my car when I left. He was a complete drunk and had like 10 teeth missing from the already rotten other ones. It was a little scary, to say the least.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Where did you find it? Interesting read » »