Thursday, October 28, 2004
Tisk, tisk, tisk...
Okay, I don't want to go into too much detail, but I kinda wish I hadn't seen that movie. If you read my last post, which I wrote a couple hours ago, I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 just a little while ago. Surprisingly, it was Trey's choice. I don't think he realizes what he's done. I hope, for those of you who are political out there, that you are bigger than not talking to someone who disagrees with you in such matters. If so, then you may still talk to me. It seems as though 90%+ of people that I know are Republican, or at least voting that way. Well, I am not. I am not a Democrat. I am a Libertarian, but a very liberal one. Trey is also a Libertarian, but much, much more conservative. That basic label is about all that we share in common in this area. This is one reason I choose not to talk about politics with Trey, and most people, b/c I strongly believe my way, and he strongly believes his way. It causes fights. Anyway, back to my point...I just watched this movie, or documentary, which was very much produced from a Democratic point of view. It made me cry. There were scenes in it that infuriated me. I am upset with Trey right now, as well as a lot of people that I know. I am disillusioned right now as to why anyone would vote for Bush on Tuesday (or already, as some have). This man has put innocent lives in danger for nothing. Well, that's not true. He had his reasons, but they don't have anything to do with America and our overall safety and well-being. I won't go on, as I'm sure that at least some of you are cursing me right now. I am, though, as I have been for some time, upset about this. I understand if you don't see things my way, and hopefully you will be understanding of me, too. I do urge you to watch this documentary, though. It may not change your opinion, but it will at least open your eyes some and help you to understand how your opposition feels. I think the movie reiterated most of how I've already felt, but it also showed me some things I hadn't seen before, and some stuff I didn't want to see or accept. Again, I cried, a few times. If you agree with the Democrats, then you will want to watch it. If you disagree, then you should watch it to see the other side. Okay, enough of that.

Have a great day, and see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 10:55 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    HAHA...I needed a good laugh on Friday afternoon, although I believe I should feel more insulted. You and Trey are Libertarians??? Yeah right, and I'm a Chinese Communist too.

    Also, you shouldn't believe anything the Michael Moore produces or has any hand in. Although I haven't seen the movie, I do know that anybody that states something to the effect that "there's not a terrorist threat" is living in an ivory tower, la-la land or under a rock (imagine that coming from Hollywood). I do acknowledge he *might* have some legitimate points but I doubt there are many.

    I think if you want a more accurate account on the current Iraq/Afghanistan conflict you should watch the PBS documentary "Rumsfeld's War". It was on this past week and I'm sure it will be on several more times with the election approaching. Although, some of the items presented are questionable IMHO, it does give a decent perspective on the Iraq/Afghanistan situation.

    That's just my brief thoughts coming from a tried and true libertarian perspective who was against the Iraq conflict but for different reasons than most. Of course I have a whole different line of thought than most Americans on Foriegn Policy, etc.

    Bo