Sunday, October 24, 2004
Sunday, Bloody Sunday...
Isn't that what the song says? Well, I didn't do anything today. I did wash and put away clothes and vaccuum the floor, but that's about it. And let me tell you, it was MARVELOUS! It would have been perfect had I not been sick feeling, but whateva!

Can you guess what I did while I was doing nothing? That's right, I watched TNT all day long. There were some great movies on all day, one of which I'm watching right now (it's a commercial). First I watched The Color Purple. What a great movie. It made me cry, and what's funny is that it wasn't what you'd expect about white people persecuting blacks. It was mostly about blacks persecuting blacks. Nonetheless, it was sad, and happy, and I was so thrilled when Ceely (sp?) finally got the guts to leave her husband, and then he did the right thing and got her sister hooked up with her again. I cried a little. Then I watched Philadelphia. Yet another movie great! It was also very moving, especially the part where he showed his lesions on his chest. I, personally, thought he had a good point, but I didn't really see how he proved it. I still liked the movie, though. I was really impressed at how skinny Tom Hanks got in the movie! After that I watched A Few Good Men. I've seen bits and pieces of it before, but never in its entirety. It was pretty good. Not a big fan of Demi Moore, but looking at Tom Cruise when he was especially good looking made it tolerable to have to watch her. I really liked the scene where Jack Nicholson said "You can't handle the truth!" I've seen it before, but this time I actually knew what it meant! I am definitely decided now that I could never be in the military. There is no way I could or would follow orders that went against my moral code. Lastly, we just finished watching A Time to Kill (yes, it just ended). That movie makes me very sad. As Trey mentioned while we watched it, it used to be sad to me, but it now hits home much more. If you didn't know, a little 10 year old girl gets raped by two guys, and it's pretty brutal, and her dad kills them in a fit of rage. Now having a kid puts it into even more perspective. I will never let TJ even walk to a friend's house a couple doors down. It was sad to me, also, that so much suffering had to come to so many people just to do the right thing (as in the KKK terrorizing the people on the dad's side). Great, great movies, definitely classics. I highly suggest renting these movies soon, or just watching TNT for the next few days, as I'm sure they'll come on again (A Time to Kill is actually on again right now!).

Okie dokie, you guys have a great day! See you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 11:07 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: