Monday, October 25, 2004
Tell me this isn't sad...
I am so excited b/c tomorrow I don't have to teach! Tell me that isn't the saddest thing you've ever heard!? Yep, we have HSAP testing tomorrow through Thursday in the mornings, and tomorrow afternoon I have my dr. appt. to find out if and when I'm prego (I'm also very excited about that!), so I don't have any classes! That's great, too, b/c we are supposed to have first period tomorrow, and they are just the whiniest bunch of kids. I know I've spoiled them to be that way b/c I put up with it, but it's gotten old. I am upset at myself that I have dug so many holes at school as far as what I let the kids get away with, even though I know better, and now I can't get out of them! It's embarrassing to say the least! Anyway, I get to get some planning done, which will be so great! I just have to stay away from everyone else so I can actually get something done!

Tonight we went to this place called El Chico. Trey said he heard it was good and had really good food. I liked the decor. I wasn't too impressed with the food, though. The salsa was a little boring and flavorless, and my chimichanga had refried beans in it, which I can't stand. I guess I should have looked at the menu a little more closely, but, on the same note, it came with refried beans (why in it and with it?), and I told her I don't like them and had them changed with pinto beans (they were alright, I guess). So, you would think she might have mentioned that the chimi had beans in it, too? Oh well, I guess I will live. Now we know not to go back, eh? I asked Trey who told him it was good. He said, "I hear it on the radio all the time." Hmmm, those are what we call commercials, and no one is going to have one for their business and say their food sucks! Trey, I'm just playing with you, although from now on I'm going to double-check where you got your info from first!

Poor Marie, she's not divorced yet. Joey is still screwing her over. So, if you want to learn about divorce and find out why it sucks, you should write to her on her blog. Or, if you want to offer some advice, I'm sure she'd love to get some! Joey is such a jerk, and it scares me most b/c he seemed so cool when they were together. You just never can tell, so the lesson here is to always be careful, and never get too comfortable. Keep Marie in your prayers, please, that Joey will get smart one day and let her move on with her life and stop messing her up.

In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I have the coolest kid on earth! No wonder people want hundreds of kids when they have a cool kid like TJ! Okay, hundreds may be a bit much, but....I sure do love him! He can sing his ABC's now, Jingle Bells, Twinkle,Twinkle, count to 10, and say, "What's up, Dude!" (that's the only one I can take full credit for, and it sounds SOOOOOO cute when he says it!). Talk about a fun life! TJ is crazy, and it's so cool! I have to admit, sending him away for three days a week is really getting hard. Not only am I totally jealous of everyone else getting all that time with him, but I feel like the raising of our child is not entirely in our hands, and he may be getting raised not exactly as I would like. It's very frustrating. Now I'm rambling...anyway, I have the coolest kid in the world! Can anybody tell me if TJ is doing good to be saying long 5-7 word sentences to tell us what he wants at this age? I think that's pretty good. He seems to know a lot.

I'm going to watch a movie now. More word on that tomorrow. Talk at you later!
 
posted by Christi at 9:22 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I'd say speaking in sentences is very good at this age. I remember Andrew didn't start stringing words together until he was over 2 years old. He was a late talker though. I know it's hard not having him a lot of the time, but you can be glad that he is with people who love him and must be teaching him something. It's that momma instinct to want them with you all the time when they are little. It's totally understandable.