Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Strange days...
Maybe it's the weather and the time change....Maybe it's just my life! Needless to say, today was a strange day.

First, school just went strangely. I had a lot of kids not show up, which was nice, but it was the ones that always come and would have no reason not to be there. Wierd. Then they let the kids out WAYYYY early for lunch, which was also nice, but of course, kept them forever at the end of the day, when I really wish they would take them before I get there! Oh well...overall it wasn't too bad a day. Just wierd.

So we went to Lancaster this afternoon to take TJ to Nana's for the week, and when we got there we found out that KK was staying over as well (yaa, someone for TJ to play with!), but that she is also sick as a dog. Mind you, no one mentioned this to us before we came. So, we were left to decide to leave him there and run the risk of him getting sick, or bringing him home. We opted to bring him home and find another means of babysitting. He is getting baptized this weekend, and I can't have him sick for that. Not to mention, he is getting his flu shot on Monday, so he has to be well for that. As well, if he gets sick, then I surely will, too, and I can't take anything for it. So, away we went. I could tell that Trey's mom was upset, and I felt bad, but I did it for his own good, right? Last year he didn't have a flu shot, and we had to take him to the emergency room on New Year's Eve. I really don't want to go through that again. KK looked so bad! I felt bad for her, and you could tell she was happy to see TJ, too. Especially sucked to waste three hours of driving for nothing. I hate times like this. Well, now on the flip side, my mom gets to see TJ a couple of days this week! That should be nice for her.

Another strange part of tonight was that we went to Los Mariachis in LA, which has moved to a new building close to our old house. The guy who served us all the time at the old one was our server tonight, too. He is usually right on the ball, but tonight our service was terrible. I really think, though, that they were greatly short-staffed (the restaurant is more than twice the size of the old one), and didn't realize how busy they would be. There were a lot of people there, especially for a Tuesday. I guess that should make them happy, though, once they get prepared and make sure to be well staffed! It took a long time to get in and out of there, though, and it was just an awkward experience overall.

Okay, well, I guess you have seen why my day was wierd. I think this time of year, though, just feels odd in general. This weather stuff and dark at 5 stuff is creepy. I know that once I finally get used to it every year, it changes back a few days later! So, I must accept, and move on.

You guys have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 11:51 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: