Monday, November 15, 2004
How strange to love a Monday...
Nothing makes me madder than writing a long and involved blog post, and then losing it when I go to post it. I figured I would probably have trouble with it last night, so I thought I would be smart and copy it first, so I could paste it on a new post if it didn't work. Uhhh, that would have worked fine, had I not been doing ten other things and stupidly copied something else right after I copied my post! What is the cure for random stupidity? Oh, who am I kidding...I need one for constant stupidity!

Anyway, yesterday was so cool! TJ got baptized, and a ton of people came to see him! I was so thrilled and truly touched. I wish TJ knew just how loved he is. He, of course, was just happy to have so much attention and to see all his favorite people, and even some he didn't even know! Trey's parents, my parents, my grandparents, Mike Evans, Wilson, Julia and her daughter Alison, Marie and her kids, Kiernan and Mariann, and Wesley and Gina, with their kids Blake and Julia, all came. Also, Yu Fong Chong, a chaplain at DJJ whom I know and who knows the pastor at my church, came to see. Isn't that so special! I, of course, forgot to bring a video camera, and left the camera I took terrible pics on in Gayle's car. One day we'll have tons of videos of TJ running around the house doing nothing, but nothing to show him the important stuff that happened in his life! Anyway, TJ sat through the whole service and did really well. He tried to sing the songs a couple of times after they were over, but it was pretty quiet and kinda cute! He was so well behaved until we went to the front for his baptism. Then he thought it was time to run around, and he was about to bust to get down out of our arms. Overall, though, he did well. He only fussed when Pastor Jones took him and put the water on his head, but I probably would have freaked out, too. Then, after that part, we got to walk him around the sanctuary and they sang a song to TJ with his name in it! It was awesome! Oh, and something else I thought was cool was that Alison (3), Blake (5), and Julia (3) all stayed through the service. They all went up when they had the children's sermon, and it was a pretty fun one. I was so proud of all of them! They were all so well behaved for such an adult event. Afterwards we all went to eat at Ryan's, and thank goodness my mom went ahead of us and got a table! Thank you, Mommy. It was so great! I made a poor showing for a buffet and ate less than most of the children. What's up with that!

I went into a long spiel yesterday about how I have really taken to the whole family thing, and told all the good points about all my friend's and family's children, but I will have to come back to that b/c I have to talk about today now.

This evening Trey and I got to watch Blake and Julia, our nephew and neice, for Wes and Gina. It was so fun! I can honestly say that right now I am EXHAUSTED, but it was worth it. They are great kids, and I'm glad that their parents have obviously spent some time raising them to be so great. I have met plenty of kids that have no manners, and these two are not them. I hope TJ grows up to be as well-behaved as them. We went to the park and played, then came home and played. Then we ate, and they ate more than me! When bedtime came and they, especially Julia, found four-hundred reasons to come tell me something, it really took me back. I told Trey that it was quite normal, seeing as how he was pretty much raised as an only child in that respect. When Gina came to get them, they were both passed out in TJ's closet. Couldn't really explain that one, but it was cute! Julia had managed to position herself in such a way that if she ever decided to move her foot, she would belt Blake in the head. Oh, to be a sibling! It was a nice wake-up call, too. I've grown so accustomed to having just my one child, and his one personality, and him only sharing and playing with us. It really made me think about how soon that will all change. We've got a long road ahead of us! Just think how fun it will be!

Well, I guess that's enough for now. I hope that you guys have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 10:28 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You're right. It will change. Things are totally different with two kids. It won't be so apparent at first because the baby will spend so much time sleeping and not be able to do anything. Slowly, as the baby learns to do more stuff things will change more and more. I remember being grateful that it was a slow adjustment, unlike being suddenly handed a 3 and 5 year old.