Friday, November 12, 2004
There's a song in my heart...
Is there a song about Friday? If not, there really should be. I mean, for some it's a really great day, right about 4:00ish. I was in a great mood at work today, and someone asked me about it...as I was walking out the door. Yep, I was in a great mood b/c I was leaving early! What's more, I was leaving early to meet my sister for lunch, how great! I never get to see her, as we are both very VERY busy people, and never seem to be able to cross paths. So, when she told me she had to come to Columbia for a conference, I said, "Sure, I'll skip work!" Oh, come on, as if you thought I'd say I'd rather stay there! It was quite nice. We went to Dreaming, as would be expected, and had a nice LARGE lunch. We got to talk and reminisce for a little while, and I sure did like it. The single life must be doing her great, b/c Susan is looking FABULOUS! I really liked her hair, even though she kept saying it was getting big (it was raining and very humid today). I didn't think it was, and I wish now that my hair would hurry up and grow back out. Doubt that will happen anytime soon, though, as I am going in a little while to get it cut. Anyway, I'm glad she came.

I gotta go and get TJ's Christmas present in a minute. I'm getting him and kitchen and fake food. I'm so excited! I know he'll love it. I don't know what I'm going to do with it until Christmas, but it's on sale right now, so I have to go buy it. It's a really cool one with a light, buttons that beep, a working play phone, and all kinds of cool stuff. Not to mention the fact that it looks somewhat masculine. He will love it!

So, as for now, I'm expecting these people to show on Sunday for TJ's baptism, tentatively, of course:
Mommy/Bo
Bob/Gayle/possibly grandkids
Mike/Johnny
Wesley/Gina/Blake/Julia
Julia/possibly family
Marie/Kiernan/Mariann
Mike E.
Wilson-maybe

And I think that's it. Susan said she wanted to, but she has to work Sat. night, so I guess I should at least be glad I got to see her today. If there is anyone else who thinks they may come, do let me know. I think I got everyone. I'm so excited! TJ is such a lucky kid to have such a great family and such great friends! I think that's why I wanted another kid. I mean, who could deny that another child would greatly benefit from such a wonderful support group of people and love? I feel so special. I love everybody! I have such a great life! If you ever question how wonderful your life is, just think about all the great people out there that love you. I have to tell my kids that all the time, when they're really down. I mean, after all, I love them. I hope they know that. I should tell them again Monday, in case they forgot!

Okay, I'm off to get chopped now. You guys have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 1:47 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm glad you're so happy. I have your Friday song.

    I don't care if Monday's blue
    Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
    Thursday I don't care about you
    It's Friday I'm in love.

    Monday you can fall apart
    Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
    Thursday doesn't even start
    It's Friday I'm in love

    Saturday wait
    Sunday always comes too late
    Friday never (something I can't remember)

    I don't care if Monday's black
    Tuesday Wednesday heart attack
    Thursday (something, something, some)
    It's friday I'm in love

    Yes, I should get back to something more productive.

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Christi

    Oh, you guys just further brightened my day, and made it a wonderful mood to go to sleep in. What's funny is that when I tried to think of a song about Friday I thought of Depeche Mode. I don't know if that's who sings that song or not, but I do remember it, and if it's not them, it reminds me of them. And what a perfect song for the mood I had today! Thanks, Julia. And thanks Traci for your creative mind. Trey could learn a thing or two from you...his songs he makes up SUCK! I mean that in only the nicest way, of course...