Thursday, November 25, 2004
You should read Traci's post from today...
I really liked what Traci had to say today. So, if you get a chance, do read it. Good food for thought.

As you may have noticed, today is Thanksgiving. A wonderful day of the year where families who don't speak all year find the time and place in their hearts to put up with each other for a few hours and try not to kill each other. Of course, there are the brawls and riots that you watch about on the news, but overall, a nice day of the year. Usually, if they can manage to eat before the fight, the fighting will be avoided, as the turkey puts everyone to sleep. Yes, my favorite time of the day, when we all finish eating, after hours of working in the kitchen , the men go off for napping and "watching football" (through closed eyelids), while the women go back to their positions and commense the cleaning rituals. Yes, we could try to get the men to clean, but really, do we want to have to after clean when they finish?

And so, I look forward to this day, as it is progressing. Trey is off at the playground having fun with TJ, Bo is in his room playing on his computer. Mommy and I are in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. (Yes, I'm taking a break, but I have to hurry so I can rush back and finish before people show up.) The tradition goes on. I say, let's liberate! Let's make the new tradition that the guys go in the kitchen and cook and clean, and the women sit and watch rented movies and get to go to the playground. I need followers, so do sign up to get on my bandwagon. Also, if you have already figured out how to make this work, do write and tell me, so I can use your wisdom to start my movement.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you're having fun, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 10:30 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Micah was pretty much in charge of Thanksgiving dinner this year. I helped a little, and my mom helped a lot more than I did. He made an awesome feast. We all stuffed ourselves, except Alison who has not yet learned to ignore her internal fullness signal, and we still only ate about 25% of what he cooked. I guess I lucked out in that department. I'll call you tomorrow and see if you're not shopping and want to get together.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Christi

    Oh, I have no intention of attempting to try to go out in the insanity of Black Friday!