Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Peer pressure...
They say peer pressure is a bad thing. I can believe that to an extent. It's not good when peer pressure motivates kids to do bad things, like smoke or drink. However, today I was pressured by my peer, and I'm glad of it!

I called Julia to see what she was up to. She was cleaning her room and getting rid of stuff she no longer uses. "Man," I thought, "I really need to do that, too. My room is a mess!" The more I talked to her, and she told me about the stuff she was getting rid of, the more I thought of the stuff I need to get rid of. So, I did it. I got up off of my lazy ass and cleaned out my closet. I got rid of two trash bags full of clothes. I finally decided to part with the "wishful thinking" clothes that are just a few sizes too small. I've kept them since I got pregnant w/TJ, thinking that one day I'll again fit into them. I haven't lost hope that one day I'll get myself smaller, but Julia and I agreed that if ever I do, I totally deserve all new clothes. It was hard, too, b/c a lot of them were still very nice, and were the types of stuff that last. Oh well.

While I was purging my closet, I started thinking about when I will actually focus more on losing weight and eating healthier. I'm pretty sure it won't be anytime soon. I know that's bad, b/c it's important to take good care of yourself. However, my priorities lie elsewhere right now. I have a LOT on my plate, and whereas I could and should make time for exercise and healthy meal planning, I have chosen about four thousand other things to do instead. I feel like once I get the ball rolling with homeschooling, and getting my brain repaired, then I might be able to start thinking about it. It will also help a LOT when the kids all get a bit older. For now, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO needy, I don't get a chance to think about myself enough to get past making sure I get the basics like eating, sleeping, and bathing (which, I admit, I sometimes don't even get if I have a hectic enough day!). I certainly don't have time for going that extra mile! Now that it's cooled down a degree or two, though, I have been trying to get outside a bit more, and hopefully that will lead to more physical activity. We went for a walk yesterday, and swimming today. I'm snacking on Apple Chips right now, does that count?

Anyway, for now, I've decided to accept who I am and celebrate all that's great about me. Julia and I both have noticed that, even though we think we are huge, no one else seems to think so or care. When we meet people, they don't cringe and look at us with disgust as though we are giant blobs of grossness. We both have husbands that love us, and can't seem to get enough of seeing us naked (although I've contended for years that Trey is in desperate need of strong glasses). We're both beautiful people. We make beautiful babies. We're super geniuses (TJ told me so yesterday!). I'm sure there's tons more I could celebrate, but honestly, I'm just kinda getting tired now. Anyway, as I said before, for now I'm going to be happy how I am, and stop worrying that someone's going to see me and think I'm a big fatso. Most of this weight I have now came when I started having kids, and lost the time and ability to find a way to get it off. If it came down to losing the weight, but losing time w/my kids, I'd pick time w/the kids any day!

Alright, I'll talk to you later! Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 10:57 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Celebrate! Celebrate! Dance to the muuuusicccc!! I'm celebrating right along with y'all! Mom/MiMi

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, and Taryn will party with us too--just give her a drink first... M/M

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You put me in a good mood!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    i worry about weight a lot but never seem to be able to get much of it off my body. if you worry about it to much it will give you an ulcer and you do not want that to happen.
    i love the photos that you have on your blog. have a good day.
    mrh.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I do cringe a little when I see you guys.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    i do not know who thay fst girl is in the mirror... i am still looking like i am 18... really!