Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Update...
What have I been up to lately, you ask? Well, let me tell you...

Last week I died my hair again. This time I was going for purple highlights over my newly darkened brown hair. They started off pretty much purply-pink, but each day my shampoo lather is pink and they get lighter (which is strange, since they're supposed to be permanent). Trey, however, is not upset by this, b/c he HATES them. He makes sure to tell me at least once a day how much he hates my hair. I was trying to go for a streaky kind of look, but I put a couple too many in, and now it just looks like a light covering (mostly b/c of how frizzy my hair gets). I'm not as in love w/them as I had hoped I'd be, but I don't dislike them. I figure I'll let my hair be pinkish for a while, then I'll go back and dye it back to brown all over again. No harm done. I just wanted to try something different, and it's done. Maybe next I'll go w/green! What I get the biggest kick out of is the fact that I get treated a bit differently by people. In a few places people have acted like I'm a total idiot, even though when I speak to them I sound perfectly intelligent and am dressed rather conservatively. Yes, my hair is my science experiment in psychology!

Cole is now getting his second tooth, and MAN is he needy! If I put him down he loses it, and that's most of the day! It makes it rather hard to get much accomplished. He's also walking all over the place now, and it's just so damn cute! Last night I was watching a video on YouTube w/a cool song on it, and he was dancing like crazy. It was so adorable, b/c he seemed like he had no control, like his body just couldn't stop itself from moving to the music! He'd look at me all confused, like, "Hey, why is my body bouncing and wiggling like this?"

Oh, and my nightly affair w/Harry is coming closer to an end. I'm over half done (yes, I'm a slow reader), and that's upsetting b/c I never want it to end! Of course, I'm getting anxious to see what's going to happen, so I can't stop now!

Today is the official day that I attempt my first real themed lesson w/the kids. It's going to be about the beach and the ocean. It should last about two to three weeks, depending on how much we get done each day. I've never attempted this w/them before, and it's the most structured thing I've ever taught them. So far, I've read books about the ocean and beach to them, and we've talked about learning about it. Even Taryn's excited. Last night I let them watch The Little Mermaid, which I know isn't really the best learning tool, but we talked about all the ocean creatures we saw as we watched it, so....I'll go into more detail later about what I'm planning to do. Please wish me luck, though, b/c I know I'll need it!

Alright, talk to you later. Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 6:44 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger karla

    I'm still waiting for Nate's teeth to come in, but he has been acting that way lately too, very needy. Cranky. Wants to held 24/7. I wonder if a tooth is on the way?

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger karla

    ps. PICTURES! I want to see your funky hair.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I once saw a woman and her two daughters that looked about 8 and 3 with blond hair with bright blue streaks. She and her husband had multiple tattoos. I wonder how people react to that.

    I think Trey just likes a more blend in with the crowd sort of style. For a pink do, I think your hair looks fine, but if you don't like that sort of thing, you will hate it no matter what. I just started thinking about what if Richard wanted to do something really funky with his look and I've decided as much as I think that's cool for other people and I admire their boldness, I wouldn't want Richard to do it. In Richard's case, a bold, funky do wouldn't match his personality, so I guess that's my reason. That and I prefer a natural look for myself.

    I would like to second how cute Cole is dancing to that video. It's like his body is powered by the music and he can't understand why he's moving.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger k8

    beach lesson=awesomeness!