Sunday, June 17, 2007
Ahhhh, relaxation...













We had Taryn's 2nd birthday party yesterday, and I think it was a success.

My dad came, which was pretty cool. He hasn't been around any of my events for a while, actually since my wedding. He has cancer, and it was cool that he could make it out. I worried a bit about getting him and my mom and their spouses together, but all was good. It was funny, b/c Trey's dad didn't recognize him, b/c he looks a lot different than he did then, and he was asking him if he had any kids. I'm sure my dad was like, "Ummmm...."

My mom made the cake. I think it looked beautiful. I loved it. She said she was going for a more pastel pink for the background, but it came out almost mauve. Whatever. It wasn't quite as fluffy as the ones she and Bo usually make, but that's b/c she tried a new mix for yesterday's, and it didn't quite work as well. My words of advice, go with what you know, Baby. Overall, though, I couldn't be happier! Taryn loved it.

I was surprised b/c so many people gave her Hello Kitty stuff. I mean, okay, it was Hello Kitty themed, and she does love her some kitty cats. It just never occurred to me that there was even that much stuff out there with Hello Kitty that you can just buy in stores. She was in hog heaven, though, and I must say, I was thrilled as well!

Oh, and they loved the water guns (although I forgot to send them all off with them, so now I have 12 water guns!), and the water balloons (which Julia, Richard and I didn't, b/c they were a total pain in the butt to fill!). Julia and I got more wet than any of the kids did, as I couldn't control the hose very well and kept shooting it everywhere! They also liked "Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty", which I'm glad of, b/c it was a bit of work to make!

After all was said and done, and we got the house cleaned up and the kids to bed, it was time to get my papers ready for the route this morning. I'm just so thankful that they were small this week (they were about three times this size last week!)!
 
posted by Christi at 6:13 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown

    It was nice to see your dad after all those years and interesting to meet Wanda. She looked about how I expected her to.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Kurt

    That stack of newspapers brings back memories!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger k8

    good lord i had no idea you delivered that many papers!

    the party looks awesome- i love the bow game too. super job. the cake- adorable. can you move closer so we can attend future events? thanx.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Me

    That's so funny that your mom wasn't happy with the cake, because I was going to comment about how lovely the cake was!!!!

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Tanya

    I enjoyed reading your blog. I had a 2 year old party in Dec, but I have all boys, so it was fun to see a girly party! The cake looked great!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    See? You even managed to have fun without me! Looks like it was a blast and everything turned out perfectly. What a cute game, pin the bow on the kitty... too bad I don't have a girl... or a child that would care. He'd just tear it off the wall and throw it anyways. Oh, little boys. Glad you had fun and that everything is over.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger gina

    lets see if my comment comes through this time. dumb blogger!!

    cute party pics!! my niece/nephews are so cute!! my friend in summerville throws princess parties- taryn will be in to that in a year or so. lol