Sunday, May 20, 2007
Home again!
Yesterday my babies came home! YIPPEE! My heart almost exploded when I first saw them! What was even better was that they were super happy to see me, too. TJ gave me the BIGGEST smile, and a HUGE hug, and said, "I missed you SO MUCH, Mommy!" Taryn ran to me. Cole smiled and started wiggling. Trey gave me a big hug and kiss. It was the best! I was so worried they'd be sad to come home and not want to see me, b/c, you know, I'm not the spoiler Nana is. It kinda sucks, though. Undoubtedly, Mikey is perpetually sick, and thus, every time we go over there, my kids get sick again. So, now Cole and Taryn have nasty runny noses, and Cole has a nasty cough to go with it. Great.

Anyway, they're back, and I couldn't be happier. Today we met up with Julia and family and went downtown to the Battery for a picnic. Then we played at the new playground they have down there, which has lots of spinny things. Some I like, some I definitely don't. The one I hated the most, Trey wouldn't help me get off of, so I just kept going around and around. I was not a happy camper. What was cool, though, was that while at the Battery, there was a little boy that hooked up with the kids to play. When we left, I told his parents if they wanted, they were welcome to join us at the playground a few blocks down the street. I didn't think they would, but they actually showed up later! Julia talked to them and found out they were from NYC, which I never would have suspected. I hope that we were friendly enough, and maybe they'll mention to family how they experienced Southern Hospitality.

After the playground, we walked down to Waterfront Park, where the big boats from the Maritime festival and some big boat race were passing by. It was pretty cool to see all the cool big boats that were made like classic pirate boats and such. They were even shooting cannons (in one of the pics you can see the smoke from one)! See those little things that look kinda like birds all over the tops of a couple of them, they're people!






We left there to go to the fountain at Waterfront to play in the water. It was kinda too chilly to be doing so, but the kids were not going to let a little freezing get in the way of playing in water! Taryn didn't last long, but she did manage to make a nice, seductive picture for me before I got her dressed again!









We totally wore them kids out! Sleeping like babies now, I tell ya! I hope your day was as nice as ours, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:35 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I like that last picture! I'm stealing it. Taryn was so funny!

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Awww! Looks like you had a blast! I wish it would hurry up and get warm up here. It was 30 last night. What a crock!

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger gina

    isnt it nice to be missed?? glad you got a break and are now re-energized....!

    i love waterfront park and the battery. sounds like fun