Thursday, April 05, 2007
Carrabba's
This would be where I got my new job. I have been working there since last Saturday, and after tomorrow, I will be out of training and actually making tips. I did my first lead tonight, and I basically covered a table and a half all night (the other girl training and I rotated the third table b/t the two of us). I think I made about $40-50 for my trainer, so I'm sure he's a happy guy. I was pretty proud of myself, though, as I haven't served in a few years now. I can definitely see how having kids and just generally growing up and maturing will help me be a better server. I can actually have a normal conversation with the customers, as I've had a lot more adult experiences since the last time I served. Also, I'm all about the kids now, and totally comfortable, whereas before I kinda loathed people bringing their kids in and would be artificially nice to them.

Anyway, I'm absolutely POOPED! I went from learning all the cop stuff last week to learning every single menu item and what's in it this week. Fun. Tomorrow I take the liquor test, where I have to list every single liquor they have there. I can hardly wait...ummm, yeah. Wish me luck. I'm definitely liking this better than the whole 911 thing for sure, though!

I wish I had the energy to type more, but honestly, I don't know that I have much else to say. I'll talk to you later. Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 11:25 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger gina

    so then you ditched the 911 thing for good? i think it would have been WAY to much stress. 911 workers are for people with no kids, no hubby, no stress!!

    mmmm... carrabas

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I LOVE Carabbas!

    I had a dream about you last night. You had a baby girl who was about 6 months old, and I couldn't remember her name, but I was embarressed to ask because I thought I should know by that time. I finally got up the courage to ask you her name it was was Reebie 2000.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Kurt

    The big money is in tips!

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger MiMi

    Well, so much for Carrabba's!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger k8

    i'm sooooo confused. no 911? do tell me.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    good luck at Carrabba's!