Wednesday, March 14, 2007
It's nice to be wanted...
Right now, I'm still working at Pizza Hut. On Friday, I start my new job. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. I also have the boss of the newspaper routes trying to get me to cover the route I covered before so he can fire the chick I trained. I hate to say no, but I'm pretty sure my plate is a little too full as it is right now, and I don't want to suck at my new job b/c I'm tired from the paper route.

So check it out: The other day Julia and I ditched the kids w/Trey, the sweet, sweet man that he is, and went shopping. Oh, it was SO FUN! I haven't gone shopping w/Julia before w/out kids. We both tried on lots and lots of stuff. I found about 7 or 8 shirts, two pairs of pants, a pair of shorts and some trouser socks. Julia, who was not shopping for a new work wardrobe, got a pair of pants, a necklace, and a really pretty skirt. It was mostly just nice to get out and be able to look at stuff w/out having to chase little people and yell. Plus, I found a basic cut of shirt that looks better on me than most...I think my mom called it an empire waste.

Yesterday, Trey got together some gift certificates he had to Frankie's Fun Park, and we headed on over. TJ drove a go-kart for the first time. It was the cutest thing! Taryn rode in one with me. She liked it alright, but she was still a little too small for it and kept sliding down, which freaked her out. They also both rode w/Trey on the bumper boats, and down the giant slide about ten thousand times. They loved it! I'm just sad I didn't think to bring my camera so I could show you how cool it was!

Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to Lancaster to stay w/Nana and Grandaddy. They are going to stay there over the weekend while I work all day Friday and try to get in some hours at PH before I'm done (I won't get my first paycheck from my new job till April). Cole will be staying w/my mom. Maybe that means I'll be able to go to my first day on the new job rested and refreshed! Well, just as long as they don't expect it forever!

I hope you have a great day, and I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 10:21 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I don't think I've seen the big slide at Frankies. I always liked the bumper boats best.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Good luck on the new job.

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger gina

    what is the new job? do tell....
    and i like empire waist too... not empire WASTE silly slip of the keys... bahhaha.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    okay, what happened to my comment????

    i would say your plate is quite full!

    fun shopping!

    good luck on the new job!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger k8

    hey i tried to email ya but it came back wrong address???? i was trying to find out what kind of diabetes machine you have and if you have any of the strips left. have yer people email my people, k?