Monday, March 05, 2007
What a busy weekend...
So, yesterday Trey and I put up a fence. We did a pretty darn good job, if you ask me. The posts are not all quite at the same height, but the fence looks fine, and I don't care what the posts look like as long as the fence itself keeps Taryn in! Today, though, both Trey and I were hella-sore! I'm not used to this labor kinda work!

Unfortunately, while we were putting up said fence, the phone line through the yard accidentally got cut. I called it in to the phone company as soon as I figured it out, and I figured it would take a few days to get it fixed. Much to my surprise, the guy came out today and fixed it! He was out there for quite a while, or so it felt (ever two seconds TJ would ask if he could go outside now and something to do with the wires that would electrocute him and the stranger in our back yard...it felt like days the guy was out there!). When he went to leave, I asked him if the charge would just be on our bill. He said he wasn't going to charge us for it! "Huh?" I said, "But you even came out on a Sunday." He said, "It's all in a day's work." I told him I was gonna cry. I told him we were so proud of saving money on the fence, and now it was going to be our ten thousand dollar fence for not calling before digging! He told me he might stop by Pizza Hut later on (I was leaving for work at the time), to which I replied, "Please do!" I sure wish he had, I would have TOTALLY hooked him up, even if I'd had to pay for the pizza. Maybe I can find out who he was and deliver one to his house one day or something...We are such lucky people.

Oh, and speaking of lucky people, I am a very lucky girl. I FINALLY made it through the arduous process of getting a job with emergency dispatch. Yep, that's right, I GOT THE JOB!!! I start March 16th, and I'm so excited! It kinda sucks, b/c the training lasts 20 weeks, and during that time my schedule will switch all around. So, finding childcare is going to suck. However, once I get through training, I'll be on a set schedule (14 days a month, 7 days every two weeks w/one weekend off), and it should be fine. I'll be the person who answers when you call 911...well, at least if you do it in my district! We were joking that if I ever have to fill something out that asks for my work number that I'll have to put 911! Anyway, I'm really hoping I can get nights and be able to be home with the kids during the days. She told me it's about a 50/50 chance, so wish me luck.

I suppose that's it for now. I hope your weekend was a nice as mine. I'll talk to you later. Have a great day!

Oh, plus, on Friday, Julia took some AWESOME pics of Cole, which you MUST see:





 
posted by Christi at 12:08 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger karla

    What an absolute little darling boy! Great photos!

    Glad to hear the fence went up ok. That would have been so SO SO scary (Taryn boggying away). Phew! I'm glad she was OK.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    look at cole! so cute....

    a big congrats to you on your job!!!! :)

    whooohoooo!

    glad for you!

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Who will deliver the pizzas?

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger gina

    bahahhaa kurt.

    cute nekkid baby.

    that is funny about the 911 number. wow. 20 weeks of training??? that seems excessive.... but whatevs.... good luck!!

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Me

    I've got a big old grin on my face looking at that gorgeous little babycake. Thanks for the baby eye-candy. (Just what I don't need when the baby fever is still hitting quite hard, thank you!). LOL.

    Cute!!!

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Unknown

    He makes it easy to take good pictures!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger k8

    awwwwww.
    awwwwwwwwwwww!
    AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations! I'm so glad you got the job. I hope you like it and everything works out with your schedule, including working nights so you can be home during the day with your kids. Cole's so cute!