Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Mountain Men...
Speak reallllllyyyyyyyyy S-L-O-W-L-Y...or so I hear. That's what Trey told me when they went and asked a guy if they could use a paddle boat that was out in front of his house yesterday.

So, anyway, we just got back today from going to Lake Nantahala and staying in a supremo cabin in the woods. Check this, it was three stories high, had four bedrooms, all w/king-sized beds (and super-fluffy pillows!), a hot tub, an 80 inch projector screen, and a pool table downstairs. It was AWESOME! We went w/Julia and family, and Trey's best friend Mike and his wife. We took TJ, and left the babies w/my mom. We only got to stay for a couple of days, but it was nice just to get away and relax. I got to sleep in both days (well, sorta...you could hear EVERYTHING in the house, and Julia's family wakes up EARLY!), I got to take a nap yesterday, and I got to lie around doing basically nothing for two days (TJ was so busy playing w/Julia's kids that he could have cared less if I even existed!). I read my book I've been working on, watched some movies, went in the hot tub, went for a walk, ate in peace, played some really fun games, got my drink on, and chilled in the woods. It was nice. I enjoyed spending time w/friends and Trey, and we even got about ten minutes alone at some point! I think we'll definitely have to go back again next year if we can.

I figured I'd show you some pics we took while there, although there's really nothing exciting, except us having fun!

The second one is on our walk. Those are "mountain men", and I had to take a picture of them, so Mike told me to pretend to be taking one of him (they were normal men, out working, but they were on a mountain, so....). The next one is just TJ looking especially evil. Weird, since I just said, "Hey, TJ, turn around and look at me!"








 
posted by Christi at 11:44 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Looks like fun. I wish I went places and did things.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Unknown

    It was fun. I think the relaxation was the best part. Lying in bed reading, chilling in the hot tub, and our little dance party were my favorite parts.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger karla

    that's awesome! Drinking beer in a housecoat!

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    a well deserved break! where were you guys? in Tennessee or NC? kingsport is only about 30 minutes from where you were, i think.