Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Exhaustion
I want to tell you all about Christmas, but really I don't. So, instead, I'll just do a few of the highlights that I enjoyed the most:

On Christmas Eve we went to Grandma's house, as we do every year. Taryn's first present was a Stacey and Kelly doll set (Barbie's cousin and little sis) that I honestly didn't think she'd care much for, as I thought she was still too young for them. Upon FINALLY getting them out of the package (all those STUPID twist ties and tape!), I found that A: Taryn was in fact old enough to carry them around with a tight grip on them the ENTIRE time we were there, and B: Taryn could have cared less about any of her other gifts! So, I was forced to open the rest of her gifts and pretend to be surprised for Taryn. (Note the doll in her hand)


TJ got a Hullabaloo game, and we played it at Grandma's house with my brother's g/f's 4 year old son. We had SO much fun! I can't wait to play it again.


TJ woke up on Christmas morning, and Trey asked him if Santa had come. There were clearly presents out where he could see them in the living room, in front of the tree. He perused the living room quickly, then came back and said, "No," then crawled right back into bed. Trey told him to look again, and his reply was, "Santa Claus won't come unless it snows." Uhh, yeah kid, you might wanna rethink that theory. If that's the case, Santa ain't EVER coming! We don't get snow here!

While he was opening his presents Christmas morning, he said,
"Wow, Mommy, we're getting a LOT of presents!"
"Yep, we sure are, TJ."
"Why? Do we need all these presents?"
"No, not necessarily. Do you want me to take them back?"
"NO!"
You just had to be there, it was funny.

Taryn got a talking Chou Chou doll at her Nana's house. I put its bib on it, and it started saying it was hungry. So I fed it. Then it said it was hungry again. I fed it again. It proceeded to tell me it was hungry about a thousand times, and I was starting to get pissed. So I put it far away from me so it couldn't beg me for food anymore. Later, I learned that the stuff for the doll comes with little chips in them that make the doll say certain things when you put them near it. Had I just taken off the bib, she would have just told me she loved me over and over again!


Later, Trey's dad was playing with the doll and shaking it around by its arms. At the same time I looked over and saw him doing that, Cole started crying. It didn't hit me that he was playing with the doll, and I thought he was swinging Cole around!

My neice got a cell phone and an Ipod. She's not even 13 yet! This scares me!


My neice, KK, is SOOOOOO cute!



TJ loves his new digital camera, and his pictures could be considered, well...art.


TJ does not like getting clothes for Christmas presents, which was illustrated by the fact that everytime he got any, he'd launch them at my head from across the room!

Someone obviously messed up on Trey's size. I don't think those are quite gonna fit!



Even a new diamond necklace can't make everyone happy. At least she looks nice, though!


Todd, Trey's brother, really loves his baby girl!


Oh, and the final great gift of this Christmas: my kids are at their Nana's house till next Monday! Well, TJ and Taryn are. It's been SO quiet around here. Cole is getting spoiled by lots and lots of attention from his Mommy and Daddy, and Taryn and TJ are getting spoiled by lots of attention from their Nana and getting to play with their cousins. I'm getting spoiled by getting to take naps during the day! It's win-win for everyone!
 
posted by Christi at 11:49 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Me

    1. Little girls are never too young for Barbies!!!! :)

    2. I hope she smiled once she got the necklace box OPENED at least????

    3. I love that Chou Chou baby. I wonder whatever happened to ours?

    4. Ipod AND cellphone at age 12? Eeek. LOL. Some kids can handle it... others would lose them both within 2 weeks. Let's hope she is the former and not the later.

    ;)

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    i don't even have a cell phone and an ipod. lol...

    i love the shot with taryn holding on to her barbie doll!

    looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Did TJ really get a digital camera? Cool.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I didn't realize Katie was only 12 when we played Scattergories. Perhaps I should have stayed away from all the perverted answers.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Christi

    Fear not, Julia, she gets her very fair share of it w/o our game. I don't think we had too many nasty answers anyway...just stupid, and we were laughing b/c it was late and we were having fun!

    If it makes you feel any better, too, I have been thinking she was 13 for a couple of years now! She's so tall, it's hard not to think so!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Renee

    How fun! Great pics!