Sunday, November 19, 2006
Where have you been all my life?
Okay, maybe just this week...

Thursday night TJ had his trophy celebration for his soccer team at Cici's Pizza. He was very excited. I was kinda hoping for a little more ceremony to the whole handing out of the trophies. Instead, while about half of the parents were finally getting their own food (after having catered to their kids' every desire), the coach went around and put the trophies in front of the kids' plates. That was about it. Nevertheless, TJ hunted us all down and showed it off...then promptly went to the bathroom! He loves his trophy, which is why I'm showing it off to you right now:



Yesterday I went back to work. I closed. What a LONNNNNNGGGGGG night it was! I think I know now why you shouldn't go back to work so soon. My brain is far from where it should be, and I was making all kinds of stupid mistakes. What's worse is that I hardly made any money, which totally pissed me off. I only went back b/c we really need money right now. I'm working again tonight, too. Wish me luck! It wouldn't be so bad, except that the baby seems to know that I really need sleep, and thus keeps me from getting any!

So, I was just thinking today of my duties in this family. It feels like I do a lot around here. Take a look and tell me what you think:

household chores-laundry, dishes, vacuum, dust, keeping house clean in general
keeping everyone fed all day
grocery shopping
stocking up on necessities (clothes, cleaning stuff, diapers, etc.)
paying bills/keeping up with the money
cleaning up after kids
taking care of kids (dressing, disciplining, etc.)
working 30+ hours per week
scheduling and making sure everyone gets to appts.
planning outings and trips and getting all details covered

I feel like there's more, but I can't think right now. Tell me, is this basically the same stuff you do in your home? I get a little help with this stuff from Trey sometimes, like he'll cook dinner or clean up after the kids sometimes on his day off or something, but overall I do the majority of this work. Right now in my mind this all just feels like a lot of stuff. What do you think?

Alright, that's enough for now. Talk to you later. Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 1:11 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 2:43 AM, Blogger B

    he's so cute with his trophy!

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger Frances

    Wow, Christi, I can't believe you went back to work so soon!!!! Craaaaazy!

    As for what you do, well, it's a HUGE amount. I watch my two children, plus I do 80% of the household chores, plus I work 10 hours a week, and that's a hell of a lot more than most of my friends do (they do everything but the paid work).

    No wonder you're so tired!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Don't you mean pomp and circumstance? (OK, nobody else will get that.)

    TJ is so cute with his trophy!

    Here's my list and the amount of help I do or do not get:
    household chores-Richard does the dishes in the evening usually and keeps the house decently straight while I'm at work + occasionally helps with big cleaning projects

    Feeding everyone: That's 90% me. Richard sometimes does breakfast on the weekends.

    Grocery shopping: Me, unless I specifically ask for something, but Richard never does big grocery shopping. That's my fault because I need control in that area.

    Stocking up on necessities: Same as above.

    Paying bills/keeping up with money: Richard does that almost exclusively

    Cleaning up after kids: You have it a lot harder that me here because little kids make more of a mess. Andrew and Alison supposedly clean up after themselves, but I do end up helping Alison a good bit.

    Taking care of kids: My kids can take care of their own bodily things now. Discipline is something you have to constantly stay on top of with little ones. When they reach A&A's age, they have the basics down so there's not so much correction anymore. However, I do spend several hours per day homeschooling, so I've got that.

    Working 10-12 hours per week.

    Scheduling and appointments: That's me, but I enjoy most of our scheduled stuff. We don't have too many appointments.

    Planning outings and stuff: That's all me too, but again, I choose to take those outings, so I don't mind doing the work too much.

    So all in all, yes, I can see why you're stressed out and tired. You work HARD! You deserve a little you time and maybe even some bitching sessions.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger karla

    You're back at work already? No wonder you're so tired, especially with all the responsibility you carry in the household.

    Personally, if that was me doing all that work with three kids and working that many hours, I would enlist more help from Mark. Just saying...

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Carrie

    I still say you should have gotten a one year pass just for having another baby......


    and trust me when I say that while the number of bullets in your daily list of shit to do many not be astronomically high... each one of those tasks has volumes of work behind it.


    you do A LOT.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    i am right there with you! we are supposed to be super women aren't we? at least i do not have to work. man, that is tough! i am sorry.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Margo

    Back to work? Take it slow Momma!