Friday, December 22, 2006
Excitment is in the air!
Karla had her baby today!!! Probably most of you have no idea why this is such exciting news, but trust me, it's AWESOME! Little Nate Cadeau has come into the world! I can hardly wait to see pics. I'm so happy for Mark and Karla.

Speaking of new additions, did I happen to mention we got two new family members this past week?


Introducing, Butch and Tippy. They are TJ and Taryn's new kittens. I can now add "Crazy Pizza Lady" to my list of appropriate nicknames. Last weekend I was working, and at one house they had the cutest little kitten. Taryn's obsessed with cats, so I've been thinking about getting her one. However, since Trey is allergic, we'd have to get a kitten so it could start taking baths young. Plus, since our kids are so little, it would have to be young enough to not be set in its ways and be able to handle kids (these kittens LOVE my kids!). So, not able to get the cute kitten out of my mind, I went back later and asked them where they got it, to see if there were more that I could get one of. That was the only kitten their cat had had, but they had a friend down the street trying to get rid of some. My intention was to only get one, but they really didn't want to separate them if they didn't have to, and dammit, they were SO cute! TJ and Taryn named them themselves. TJ originally wanted to name his TJ, but I explained that would be too confusing, so he picked Butch (?). I asked Taryn what she wanted to name hers, and she said, "Tippy," which I had never heard her say before. So, that was that. For now, they are living in the playroom upstairs until I can start washing them and get them declawed (we have leather furniture). The kids spend so much more time in the playroom now, too, so I won on both fronts. I'd forgotten how catty cats smell, and I must say that you can really smell them, and I'm not even talking about the litter.

Last but not least, we made a gingerbread house the other day. Trey and I kind of took over b/c TJ and Taryn were much more interested in eating all the candy. I did, however, get a couple of cute pics of them while we were working on it.





I hope you have a great day, and a MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
 
posted by Christi at 10:18 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger gina

    oh lord. all kittens are cute- my mama taught me that.

    that is the most perfect gingerbread house i have ever seen!! go christi and trey. that johnson and wales paid off. haha.

    cute pics

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Unknown

    That picture of Taryn is one to show her friends when she's older!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    now HOW did your gingerbread house turn out so nice???? three years in a row our's was a bust...

    cute kittens! tippy and butch??

    great names.

    that is so good about karla's baby!

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Might want to check out before getting the kitties declawed:
    http://declawing.com/

    It is possible to have clawed cats and leather furniture. Just get a variety of scratching posts, such as corrugated cardboard and sisal rope. Those would be MUCH MUCH preferable to a cat than leather. A cat would only scratch leather if it doesn't have anything more preferable.

    In case you don't know, declawing a cat is not just removing the claws, as the name implies. It involves painfully amputating the entire toe tip (the bone up to the first joint). Since cats are digigrade, meaning they walk on their toes, this alters their gait and causes all sorts of problems.

    Many cats have post-declaw behavioral problems, such as becoming biters or even going to the bathroom outside the box (because it is painful to dig in the litter and they want something soft). Leather would be much more comfortable on painful paws and might be found to be a preferable toilet if declawed, whereas the cat, with proper training and a scratching material the cat likes, the cats will leave the leather alone as it really doesn't "grab" their claws and offer good resistence.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Merry Christmas!

    Cute kitties! Very cute kitties!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Me

    Seeing where that finger has been I hope you don't plan on eating that little house... hee hee.

    As for the anonymous poster re; declawing. Ignore them. All bullsh*t by people with agendas. Their heart may be in the right place, but it's needless. If anything, I'd suggest just doing the front and leaving the back.

    Congratulations on enlarging your family by 8 feet!

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger MiMi

    I agree with Aka_Meritt -- You know I've had many cats declawed and they didn't become traumatized or retarded and their movement/gait didn't suffer either. It certainly did, however, save a lot of our furniture and box springs compared to the cats I had before them that weren't declawed. I had tried scratching posts, ropes and toys, etc., but they always seemed to go for the underside of the box springs and the furniture. They do enough damage with just the back ones, but they can REALLY destroy things with the front ones. They also will be scratching up y'all and the kids and their claws and mouths carry all kinds of nasty bacteria (remember the 4 days I spent in the hospital?). You just need to make them inside cats and don't let them out once they've been declawed (front only).

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Margo

    I've had my cat for almost 20 years, and seeing pics of kittens reminds me of when he was young, and kind of makes me sad.

    They're cute, and so are your kiddos!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger karla

    Oh good lord to annon about the declawing. It's a personal choice. Ignore them. Do what's right for your family and little furball. Our cats have claws and that is precisely why we do not have leather furniture, even though I would love it! ;-)