Saturday, December 09, 2006
I think traditions were meant to be broken...
So I was very sure that my kids HAD to see Santa Claus this year. Last year we didn't get around to it, but TJ wasn't quite sure who he was yet, and Taryn was just plain little. However, TJ is very sure who he is now, and had a whole little speech prepared to let him know what he wants for Christmas:

"I want a telescope, a real camera, and a milkshake."

I found a website that said they had Santa in downtown Summerville on Saturday mornings, and you could take your own picture. How perfect is that? I hate going to the mall and standing in line for four hours to spend $50 for one stupid picture! So off we went. Fortune of all fortunes, Julia had also decided to go at the same time with her kids! We found the door to the Santa place, and were quickly met with much more than we had bargained for.

I figured it would be a few people coming and going and you could just kinda casually go up to see Santa while shopping. I did not figure we would be in line for over an hour waiting in a hot building. Thank goodness my mom and Julia were there, b/c I couldn't have done it w/o them! Andrew is AWESOME, too, as he kept an eye on Taryn for me. Once we got near the front, Taryn got really excited about being there, and kept trying to push her way in to get to Santa. Then we got to the front and our turn, and she freaked out and wouldn't go up to him! Kids are so funny! TJ went right up and sat on his lap and told him his prepared speech. Sadly, Santa wasn't listening at the moment, and five minutes later asked TJ what he wanted for Christmas....Of course, now TJ wasn't listening, so all was well.


After we survived that, and I do mean survived, we went home to rest before we were off again to my Aunt Barbara's church to see their "Gospel of Scrooge" play. It was pretty good, but VERY long. It started at six and we didn't get out until almost NINE! I kept thinking, "Hmmm, I don't remember this much about God being in Scrooge." Then I remembered I was in a church! DUH!

So, it's been a long day, and I'm pooped. I'll see you later. Have a great day!

Taryn getting ready to go. She promptly took the pigtails out...
 
posted by Christi at 11:04 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Me

    In a year or two the memories will fade but you'll always cherish that Santa photo! :)

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Carrie

    Taryn could be your little twin!!! SOOO cute with the pigtails, too!!!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    what sweet pics and sweer kids. you have such a fun family!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger gina

    i had typed a message about it being aunt nancys church, but it got lost in cyberspace.

    i missed your call. sorry!! my phone has horrible static on the line and we have someone coming out God knows when to fix it. hope you had fun. miss ya