Monday, January 15, 2007
Nothing new...
Wow, so it's been almost a week since I last posted, eh? Huh...

Let's see, what's gone on this week? Well, nothing really. Oh, TJ went to a class about space with Alison, and he had a great time. I was trying to teach him some stuff beforehand so he'd look all smart and stuff when he got to class. I told him there are nine planets, only to be completely shot down when we got there. Yes, that's right, I'm the last person on earth to find out that there are now only eight planets, as Pluto has decided to drop out of the planet group and be its own thing now. The next day, I was delivering a pizza to this one house. The girl was already a bit peeved with me b/c I had apparently interrupted her make-out session she was having in the front yard. She had on Pluto (the dog) slippers, and I told her about how I'd just found out the day before that Pluto is no longer a planet. She said, "Uh, you just found that out yesterday?" (make sure when you read that to add the stuck-up, irritated, oh-my-God-how-could-you-be-so-stupid tone to it) Anyway, TJ loved the class, and I plan to send him to the next one, on constellations, at the end of the month. He even made a big poster of the solar system, which is now hanging on his wall above his bed. He's so proud!

I think Cole might be teething. He's drooling a LOT lately, and the only time my other kids drooled was when they were teething. Plus, I've given him a couple of teething tablets when he's been fussy here and there, and they seem to calm him down. It seems way too early, though. I can't honestly remember when TJ and Taryn popped out their first teeth, and if I would just go find their baby books I guess I could find out, but...

Oh, and thanks to Julia, I can no longer enjoy the radio. She has gotten me hooked on books on CD. She kept telling me they were good to listen to while working, and I was all, "No, my attention span isn't long enough." Well, she called me one day and told me all about this cool stuff she was learning from the book she was listening to. Wouldn't you know that she also finished that book that day, and was glad to let me borrow it. Yes, and now I'm hooked. I'm currently listening to In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote, and I hate getting out of the car now. I spend my days wondering what's going to happen next. Tonight I got to a really good part, where they had just gotten a tip-off on who the killers were, and now I'm about to bust to see if and when they are going to catch them! Thanks again, Julia, for ruining top 40 overplayed music for me!

That's all I can really think of to put on here right now. I hope everything's going well for you out there in blogland. I'll try to be back soon and maybe have something more interesting to talk about...as if that ever happens!
 
posted by Christi at 12:38 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger gina

    glad tj is enjoying his class! sounds very fun for him.

    i like books on cd but the reader has to read "just so" . a lot of them get on my nerves . but, hey if you dont get time to read, there's a good way for you.
    still liking pizza hut?

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    "in cold blood" freaked me out in high school. i would like to read more,though.

    that's cool about tj's class.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Melodee

    Oh, I read "In Cold Blood" last year. What an amazing book.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger my home boutique

    can you put "notes" in the pizza hut computers to make sure and sneeze on that girls pizza next time?

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger my home boutique

    can you put "notes" in the pizza hut computers to make sure and sneeze on that girls pizza next time?

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You're welcome.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You're welcome.