Saturday, January 20, 2007
Still hangin' on...
I've been very busy this week...however, I can't really think of ANYTHING I've accomplished. Well, I'm still alive, as are the kids, so at least I've done that much!

Yesterday, my brother's g/f's son came over and spent the day. Actually, he spent the night before, but didn't get here till around 11:30 or so. I figured it would be easy enough to drop him into bed, being that it was so late already, and he'd drift right off to sleep. Or not. Sometime around 2:30 AM I didn't hear him anymore. That doesn't necessarily mean that he was asleep, but he was no longer yelling, "I'm sick!" and "HELP ME!" from TJ's room. I thought TJ was bad about avoiding going to sleep!

Anyway, he was up by 10 am or so, and he and TJ played NON-STOP the entire day. It was nice in a way, b/c it gave me a little time to pay more attention to the other two babies. Cyrus, his name, is a lot like TJ, and they got along pretty darn well. I was actually pretty impressed. When TJ and Julia's daughter, Alison, get together, they argue like brother and sister. It used to be the same way when TJ would play w/the little boy Jacob I used to watch in Columbia. However, yesterday, they had just a handful of little tiffs, and all were pretty easily solved. I was totally not expecting that, b/c Cyrus is like TJ, but about ten times more hyper. I didn't think that was possible, but it kinda cracked me up a few times when TJ would say, "Hey, let's rest for a little bit. I just want to sit down and rest." Cyrus got upset b/c TJ wanted to go in his room and watch a movie for a while. That kid is MEGA-ENERGETIC! They had way too much in common, too (ie-butt jokes, bonker dancing, having to pee at the same times ???). All day today, all TJ could talk about was Cyrus this and Cyrus that. Tomorrow, we're going to the water park and the Mickey Mouse Bounce House (the House of Bounce), and Andrew and Alison are coming, AND Cyrus! Guess I need to call his mom more often, eh? I told my brother to marry her, and then he could be TJ's cousin, and they could grow up together and be the best of friends. A scary match, yes, but cute overall!

Well, I guess that's it for now. I just got back from subbing a paper route, and now I'm about to pass out. I'll talk to you later. Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 5:52 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Carrie

    sounds like rhena when she gets together with the kids down the street. thank god they don't stay over.... I'd never get any sleep!


    hope everything else is going well. but seriously... a water park? it's FREEZING out by us!! (ok, only 50's.. but that's DAMN cold to me!!)

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I had to reread that like 4 times. I thought, "Andrew and Alison aren't going to a water park or the house of bounce tomorrow. When did she write this?"

    Carrie and future readers: The water park was TJ's idea. It's not THAT warm in South Carolina!

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger gina

    my thoughts exactly about the water park!! LOL

    sigh - i guess tj will forget his blood cousins...

    what in God's name are you doing with a paper route? are you crazy , woman???
    ( i miss you)

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Bonker dancing?

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    yeah, what is bonker danving? did you guys really go to a water park?