Monday, February 05, 2007
Let's try to keep up here...
Okay, so I'm slacking here, huh?

I just found out that I have won a BLOG EXCELLENCE AWARD for blogging in 2006! Hooray! I'm so excited! I won an award for "Most Pregnancies by a Woman in One Blog". Go me! Julia also won one for "Most Debauchery, Southern Region". Congratulations! Of course, Kurt won for "Best Blog by a Police Informant or Person in the Witness Protection Program", which he totally deserves, not that that's his real name or anything...and you'll never know the truth! I really think that I should have won the award for "Best Use of the F Word by a Toddler", but I'm beginning to wonder if I even told you guys the story about my experience w/ the "F" word or not. I fear I haven't, or I may have won that one hands down...

Surely I've told you about TJ's first utterance of a word he shouldn't have said, when he heard me yell "DAMN" when I ate hot rice, and cheerfully screamed it just like Mommy did! That was when he was about two-ish. He's since expanded his vocabulary to include words such as 'astronaut', 'constellation', and 'onomatopoeia' (okay, so honestly, I've tried to get him to say this word, but to no avail yet...he just says "POO POO!" whenever I try to get him to say it lately!). Unfortunately, he's also added phrases such as "Oh shit!", which he decided to spew forth while staying w/his very clean-cut religious grandparents, yes, thank you TJ. Then there's the "DAMMIT!" that I'm 100% sure he got from me. He uses it well, too. Just like myself, he uses it when frustrated and when he just can't get things to go his way. Then there's the day my mom called me at work to let me know that he had just informed her that "Taryn can't get the damn door open anyway, Mimi." All in all, I'd have to say, he really does use his language well...and I really thought I was doing a good job of controlling my mouth!

However, as if all of this wasn't bad enough, and as if I didn't look like the worst mom in the world yet, I haven't told you the best story of them all. It was a lazy afternoon one day a couple of months ago. I was feeding Cole in the living room, and Taryn was taking a nap. TJ was bored, so as he has lately taken to doing when there's nothing else to do, he was scouring the pantry trying to find something to eat (ie-get into and make a mess with while not actually eating a bite of it!). Undoubtedly, as is common here, there was nothing worth wasting his time on eating. So, he walked into the living room, comes right up to me and says, "Mommy, go make me some fucking food." Just like that. I had to do a double-take, b/c I was very sure I hadn't just heard what I thought I had. I asked, "What did you just say?" "I said, 'Mommy, go make me some fucking food.'" Nope, I heard right. I quickly finished feeding Cole, and sat him down and explained that he was not to use that word, so I thought it would be the last I heard of it. Later, I called my mom and told her about it. I was in another room, and I honestly thought he couldn't hear me. The next thing I know, he comes running up to me and says, "Mommy, you're not supposed to use that fucking word!" In an attempt to see the positive side of things, my mom and I both agreed that we were happy to see that he used it correctly in context...

Yep, I am definitely the mom of the year...
 
posted by Christi at 1:01 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    lol!

    oh, my...

    have you heard anythinh form your up and coming job?

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Kurt

    The best part of that story is that you posted it in 2007, so you'll be illegible for the 2007 BEA for "Best Use of the F Word by a Toddler." Good luck. And tell TJ to stop using that fucking word.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Me

    "You're not supposed to use that fucking word"

    Bah ha ha. Thanks for the smile!!!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger gina

    my nephew better knock off the F word, or i am gonna be fucking pissed!!!
    love, auntie gina

    p.s you were right- the stretch pants didnt come off too cool, huh? oh well, at least we made GFY... a lifelong goal of mine.