Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Highlights...
Right now, my absolutely GORGEOUS baby boy is sitting in the chair next to me, smiling away and just talking my ear off! He is SO PRECIOUS! So much for him being the quiet one, though!

Taryn is popping out words left and right lately. Just yesterday she started saying 'moon' and 'BOAT!' She also says, "Okay" now whenever you ask her to do something. It's really cute b/c she kinda drags it out.

Not to leave out TJ, he's going to the circus w/Nana this weekend. It's his birthday present from her. I got tickets for him to go w/her last year, and he still asks when he will get to go again. He keeps telling me he's going today, which happens to be whatever day it is, and if he doesn't go soon, I think he might just bust! I was able to use this fact, also, to get him to let me cut his hair last night...although he still wouldn't be still, and it's awful, but at least shorter now!

We got a plan set up for our finances, and I think that if we can stick to our budget and not five dollar ourselves here and there, we'll be good. It shouldn't take more than a few years at this rate to get ourselves back on top of things completely, and out of debt! Last night we went to the store to get stuff for dinner while we were out. I told Trey I had $10 in my pocket, and that was as much as we could spend. We got all the fixin's to make chili and corn bread, complete w/toppings (sour cream and cheese and crackers), and had $.58 change! Yaaaa!!! Oh, and there were leftovers, too. Then, today I went shopping w/my mom. She brought along her coupons, and I told her I didn't want to spend over $100, and that I needed pretty much all the food a family of five needs aside from condiments. Not only did I get a ton of stuff (thanks to Mommy and her deal-finding skills), but I only spent $100.02. Yeah, so I went over a couple of cents, but hey, I'll only have to put in an extra hour or two at work to make that up!

Also, I went today and took the polygraph test for the job I am trying to get. If I did okay there, and I hope I did, then all I should have left is the psychiatric exam and the interview. So, please, keep me in your prayers. If I get this job, it will also greatly help our financial well-being, although it might change my plans a bit on homeschooling. I'm hoping not, though...we'll see...

So, that's what's all good here lately. I feel like there might be more, but that's all I can think of right now. I hope your day was equally as great, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:26 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger MiMi

    This is just the beginning but you're off to a good start! Once you get into a money-saving mindset, it will be a breeze and you'll be surprised at how much farther your money will go! Who knows--maybe one day you'll even have enough money to support me and Bo (lol)! You did good today--keep up the good work! We love you!!!
    Mom

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger gina

    i love aldi too!! do ya'll have aldi?

    what is the job?? was the polygraph scary? i hope you get it. :)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I could never pass a polygraph, because I did it and they know.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger k8

    whoa i'm waaaaaaaaaay behind here. what the heck kind of job are you gettign that requires all this stuff??