Friday, February 09, 2007
What's a girl to do?
Everyday, Taryn becomes more and more girly....and I become more and more nervous for the future. I was never girly at all. I played w/Barbies, but I'm pretty sure it's just b/c I was given them, and wanted to play w/something. I'm sure if I had been given GI Joe toys, I would have just as gladly played with them (I know this b/c my brother had them, and I gladly played w/them!). I can't deny that the color pink is really starting to grow on me. I bought a pink sweater not too long ago, and when I got picked on at work about wearing it b/c I don't seem like a "pink person", I had to agree, but also defend my choice b/c I like it.
Here's what terrifies me, though. I am a fashion idiot. I wear very basic clothes in the hope that I won't mess them up too badly. Taryn has suddenly not only fallen madly in love with shoes (particularly her girly black patent leather ones), but also clothes. She walks around the house pointing at clothes on people, the clean clothes, her clothes that she's just pulled out of her drawer, her dolls, whatever, saying, "Culls," which translates into the word 'clothes'. She's in love with them. When she gets her hands on them, she will take off what she has on and put on whatever she's got. Sometimes after she's done that, she will find more and try to put them right on over the other ones. In stores she goes nuts when we pass the clothing sections.
Then there's the whole purse thing. The other day we were looking for a gift for a birthday party this weekend. We were in the little girl section looking at purses, and Taryn spent about ten minutes explaining to Trey the difference b/t a 'purse' and a 'pocketbook'. Yes, she can say both words, and will tell you no if you call it the wrong thing! I don't know the difference, but she seemingly does!
Today while I was cleaning up her room I found a dress-up set she got for Christmas. She could have cared less about it that day, but today she spent the better half of the morning dolling herself up. She even ate her lunch in her skirt and tiara. SOOOOOO scary! (and yes, of course it was insanely cute! She was having a good time trying to learn to walk in heels!)


So she is madly in love with cats, and I've decided to do her room in Hello Kitty. I'm not the biggest fan of name brand kinda stuff, or whatever you call specific cartoon characters, but I can't not do it. Her word for EVERYTHING is 'kittycat'. "So, Taryn, did you have fun at Nana's?" "Kittycat." There's a lot of stuff to find on the internet, but not much that's affordable and cool for a little tiny girl's room. So, if you happen to find something cool and affordable, please let me know!
Anyway, gotta run! Talk to you later! Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 3:29 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I wish I had all the Hello Kitty info for you, but all I have is the pillow and the dustpan.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    l loves hello kitty! such sweet pics of taryn!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    I love it I so hope I have girly girls someday but I do not know the difference between a purse and a pocketbook!

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    a purse does not come with compartments, a pocket book does it opens to a world of pockets.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger gina

    a pocketbook is what country folk call purses. lol.

    A.C. Moore has lots of cute hello kitty stuff- and claires in the mall.
    she looks so cute.
    OHHH i just watched the OC from Thursday- did you watch it?? spoiler alert if you didn't.

    are they gonna kill off kirsten??? i will be upset. and the earthquake is kinda dumb... i am dying - only 2 more episodes....

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Tammy

    I was never one for dresses and skirts when I was growing up but Mackenzie on the other hand, if I let her wear I dress or skirt everyday of the week she would.

    To me, it's just not right going to school in dresses and skirts when you do nothing but run around and play. Pants are alot better for that.

    Ethan on the other hand, lately he has been wearing Mackenzie's high heel dress up shoes around the house. He loves them. I hope this is something he grows out of soon.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Please use a bigger font, I can hardly see the small print...

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Me

    Those photos are down right adorable!

    And pink? I've always loved it! Unfortunately for me my youngest little one has now 'outgrown' pink and has just switched everything in her room to blues and greens... and rarely wears pink.

    Booo hoooo.... this momma loved having little girls to dress in pink! :)

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm afraid Alison is rubbing off on her!