Friday, March 09, 2007
So exciting!
I cannot contain my excitement...guess what! My baby brother's going to have a baby! Tee hee! My mom called him today while she was with me to ask him something about a mattress, and he just kinda slipped in, "Oh yeah, and Ronda's pregnant." Uhhh, "WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!" Of course I was thrilled, as is he, but then had to give him a piece of my mind for not calling to tell me, or Mommy for that matter. Anyway, I talked to Ronda tonight, and she said he's already all ga-ga about it. He's super sure it's a girl, so for his sake, I hope it is. Rather, for the kid's sake, since he seems set on having one, whether he does or not! He said he's gonna marry Ronda sometime, which they'd already talked about anyway, so my brother's gonna be married and have a kid...and a stepkid. How exciting is that! I feel kinda bad, though, b/c I can't really give him any of my baby stuff from Cole. I already promised it to Mike, Trey's best friend, who's having a baby in May. Oh well, guess that just means I'll have to get him stuff then, right! I told Ronda I have every intention of throwing her a shower. It was so fun, though, when I called everyone and told them they were going to be a _________ (fill in the blank w/Grandad, Aunt, Uncle...). There was this pause every time, then I would tell them it wasn't me. Then there was the shock of finding out my brother's having a kid. If you knew him, you might understand more, but it's just not something anyone ever really thought would happen. He seems more into having friends and a party life than the whole family thing. Maybe this will slow him down some...I bet he's an awesome dad. We'll see, eh?

Today Taryn got a new pair of shoes, which she loves and fought for when it was time to take them off! My mom got them for her after I fell in love with them last night at the store (they didn't have her size there, I had to call and have them reserved at the store near my mom's house). Check them out:

They are about the cutest thing ever! She also got her a Hello Kitty nightgown, which she is wearing right now. When I put it on her, she did a little dance, then stared at her belly until it was time to go to bed (where I'm sure she stared at her belly some more!). That girl is all about the Hello Kitty!

I guess that's it for now. I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:47 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Pictures of shoes!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I remember the shock of finding out my bro was having a kid. At least you know the mom! Congrats, Bubba!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger MiMi

    I want to see a pic of her in her new kitty nightgown! I hope Bubba has a girl too!!

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    congrats!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger karla

    So Hello Kitty for girls. What is the popular thing for boys these days? I still haven't braved Saturday morning cartoons after I wanted to cover my ears and run screaming after watching Dora for 2 minutes.

    Oh, and you wondered about the video on my blog. My video's are from my digital camera. We have a camcorder, but I think it's too complicated to remove video's from it and just use the camera instead. Yeah, both need special cords and I have no idea what they are called. I just look for the cords in the pile with the right slots. But the cord to get the pictures off the digital camera is the same one we use to get videos off.